30 Coins / 30 Monedas Season 2
Long ago, Judas Iscariot received payment from the chief priests for his betrayal. He was paid 30 coins. Scripture has been erased from people’s memory over time, but there are those who know that there are demons associated with these coins. Padre Vergara is one such person. And he is ready to defend the locals of his new home to his last breath.
“30 Coins ss 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the fantastic TV show “30 Coins” has not been announced, but there is a good chance that Season 2 will hit in November 2021. Negotiations on filming are already underway, but the creators have not yet commented on how things are.
The first season cost the producers much more than planned. Therefore, now it is important to know for sure whether the TV series can pay off or whether it should be suspended.
Paco participated in the interview with reporters that he dreamed of. But unexpected news from his subordinates forced him to shift communication with the press to his wife, and to retire himself to clarify the questions that arose. The future mayor of a small town just found out that a certain cow gave birth not to a calf, but to a real child. Human. And, apparently, he is healthy and does not bother him.
Such news will surprise everyone! Padre Vergara, who recently moved to these parts, also becomes a participant in the case, like a girl named Elena. She tries to find evidence that the child was planted on a cow, but watching the videos does not provide information. Everything looks like delirium. Paco tries to persuade the priest to admit who is guilty.
Padre Vergara refuses to reveal the secret of repentance to the mayor, as he takes his work seriously. Instead, the priest gets involved in the work with the child, while Elena learns the dark secrets of his past. Once Vergara expelled the devil from the boy in his hometown. The case was fatal, and the holy father received a term honestly served in prison.
Suspicions of wickedness fell on the Padre, but not for long. It soon became known that the human child was growing at an astronomical rate and needed to be isolated as it changed its appearance. The woman who looked after him killed her husband and went insane, trying to protect an incomprehensible evil creature. She wanted a child so much that her mind became clouded with the appearance of the baby.
In his memoirs, the priest recalls how a coin got out of the guy’s hand. The coin that Vergara kept for life. At a difficult moment, he gives this coin to Elena and she begins to see a terrible monster that looks like a spider. At the same time, a human face flaunts in place of the head, as if sewn to a spider. From fear, Elena does not understand what needs to be done and accidentally remains alive.
Realizing that now their town is in danger, Elena, Paco and Padre Vergara continue to fight all kinds of evil spirits. But will they win over a monster that can manipulate someone else’s mind? Will Vergara go to another session of exorcism and how guilty he is for the crime for which he was serving time in prison?
Actors and their roles
- Padre Vergara – a priest who came to a small Spanish town to start a new life, but he is haunted everywhere by a criminal past, in which he was famous for his passion for exorcism; now reckoning for sins will not take long – Eduard Fernández.
- Elena – trying to stop a monster that kills people; helps the mayor, is on bad terms with his wife; she is strongly influenced by the coin, so Padre Vergara prefers that Elena does not carry it with her, because she sees monsters – Megan Montaner.
- Paco – monitors his reputation, as he values his political career; with the help of Helena and the Padre Vergara hunts the monster associated with 30 coins – Miguel Ángel Silvestre.
- The TV series screensaver was chosen specifically so that viewers could see the connection between the betrayal of Christ and coins. Many people know that after his wrongdoing Judas hanged himself, and the remaining coins were taken apart by greedy people who heard the ringing. This is a kind of reference to the old events on which the plot of the show is now being built.
- The age limit of the TV series is 18+. This mark was set initially, since there are plenty of scenes of violence, and in addition, even some adult viewers were forced to refuse to watch. For example, a slimy spider with a screaming child’s head sewn on served to refuse viewing.
- During filming, Eduard Fernández suffered from the collar of his shirt, which constantly rubbed the skin under his chin. For some time he even wore a protective plaster, but during editing it was noticeable and the director asked to remove them. But this did not prevent the actor from performing his role superbly.
30 Coins / 30 Monedas Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|