After 20 years of perfect service, Owen had to leave his post as fire captain in New York and travel to Texas. His son TK, who worked in the same unit, also left with him. The new city does not meet with cordiality – everyone wants to appear in charge and tries at all costs to oust the newcomers. But Owen has too strong willpower to give up his chance…
“9-1-1: Lone Star ss 3”: release date, announcement
After seeing the premiere of Season 2 of the TV show “9-1-1: Lone Star” on January 18, 2021, viewers wondered about its sequel. In January 2022, it is highly likely to see the premiere of the season 3, since the first 2 seasons were also released in January – in 2020 and 2021, respectively.
p.s. Officially: “9-1-1: Lone Star” Season 3 premieres on January 3, 2022!
TK and Owen are regular father and son. There were conflicts between them, but family ties gave them the opportunity to never stop communicating. Owen recently found out that he has cancer. Secrecy did not allow him to share the news with his son, because the guy already had enough problems. Together with his father, TK went to Texas to make it easier for him to deal with recent experiences.
Back in New York, TK wanted to propose to his boyfriend, but was refused. TK was so upset that he remembered drugs. Knowing his son’s passion, Owen did not dare to leave him alone. So they ended up in a new city together. Six months ago, a terrible tragedy happened here – the previous firefighters burned down, only their captain, Judd, survived.
Judd wanted to get a job again, but was unpleasantly surprised by Owen’s arrival. Such a failure was hard for the man, because the whole unit and all his comrades burned down before his eyes, but he wanted to get back into line. Seeing the moral confusion in Judd’s eyes, Owen refuses, which triggers the mechanism of negative consequences that the former captain promises him.
In addition to working difficulties, Owen had to pay attention to the behavior of his son, because it is not known what trick he can throw out here. Solving problems on two fronts at once, Owen meets the local physician Michelle Blake. A woman does not like to be crawled into her work, and believes that everyone should do their own thing. This is how she wins the heart of the newcomer.
Michelle’s sister disappeared recently. Knowing that she had a difficult relationship with her boyfriend, Blake goes to the man’s house every day and forces him to confess. From there she is taken by the police. But Michelle does not leave the thought that the lover is guilty of missing her sister, so the next day she goes to him again.
In season 3, we’d love to see the love line between Michelle and Owen, but actress Liv Tyler has expressed a desire to leave the show. It is still unknown what season will be the last for the artist and what will be the focus of the narration of the new episodes.
Actors and their roles
- Owen – the captain of the Texas Fire Department; came from New York, where he worked for 20 years; got lung cancer because of his courage on September 11, when there was a terrorist attack and he had to search for survivors in clouds of dust and put out fires; loves his son, but cannot accept his passion for men – Rob Lowe.
- Judd – was the captain of the unit before Owen, but as a result of an accident all his subordinates burned down and the station was empty for a long time; after Owen was appointed as the new captain, Judd decided to try again to become a firefighter, but internal contradictions did not help him even get an interview – Jim Parrack.
- Michelle Blake – a self-sufficient woman who works as a paramedic; knows her rights and responsibilities at work, so she quickly puts Owen in the background; lost her sister and considers her lover to blame for this, so Michelle comes to the man’s house every day and demands to tell her the truth – Liv Tyler.
- TK – Owen’s only child; went with him to another city, so as not to break loose again and not start using psychotropic substances; looking for a new love, a man, although his father does not approve of this – Ronen Rubinstein.
- The most highly paid specialists in the TV series were directors. A fabulous budget was spent on them, since the creators decided that it was by no means possible to save on the project. Among the famous directors in the show worked: Bradley Buecker (“American Horror Story“, “9-1-1“, “Nip / Tuck”), Sharat Raju (“The Walking Dead“, “Criminal Minds”).
- In 2014, Rob Lowe overcame kidney cancer, with which he fought for 6 years, so the hero’s medical history is well known to him. Of course, lung cancer and kidney cancer are different things, but Rob has a general idea of symptoms and treatment.
- Ronen Rubinstein was cast as gay TK almost immediately. The actor was a little embarrassed, but the more was the interest in how he should play his character. After Season 1 was ready for the premiere, Ronen warned his parents and friends about the spicy scenes, and that he would not be offended if one of them did not watch the “hot” scenes of TK and his lover.
9-1-1: Lone Star Season 3 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||January 3, 2022|
|3x02||Series 2||January 10, 2022|
|3x03||Series 3||January 17, 2022|
|3x04||Series 4||January 24, 2022|
|3x05||Series 5||January 31, 2022|
|3x06||Series 6||February 7, 2022|
|3x07||Series 7||February 14, 2022|
|3x08||Series 8||February 21, 2022|
|3x09||Series 9||February 28, 2022|
|3x10||Series 10||March 7, 2022|