Owen loved his job as a captain in the New York fire department, but was forced to travel to Texas for a similar position. A few weeks ago, Texas firefighters set out to extinguish a local factory, resulting in the deaths of all the firefighters. Only Judd, their captain, survived. Now Owen will replace him and recruit a new team…
“9-1-1: Lone Star ss 4”: release date, announcement
Fans of the TV series “9-1-1: Lone Star” have become accustomed to the fact that each new season is released in January as a New Year’s gift. The season 3 was no exception: its episodes aired on January 3, 2022. Consistency is a great move, which is why we’re looking forward to season 4 premiere in January 2023. Despite the fact that the continuation of the TV show has not yet been officially announced, film critics are sure that there is no point in closing such a successful project. So new meetings with our favorite heroes are just around the corner.
In life, for Owen, there was no one closer than T.K. The son grew up well, built relationships with his boyfriend, but often succumbed to depression. This sometimes led T.K. to a difficult path. His father could support him in any endeavor. Therefore, when his son suffered a love failure, Owen was next to him. He offered to move to Texas.
Living conditions here are different, but there is nothing to do. Owen has to focus on work, and the love relationships of both men develop as if by themselves. Owen meets a charming, commanding woman, Michelle Blake. Recently, her sister went missing, and now she is pursuing her former roommate, who could be involved in the disappearance of the girl.
Michelle works as a paramedic and, on duty, often meets Owen on calls. A warm relationship develops between them, but after the arrival of Gwyneth, T.K.’s mother, in season 2, the situation changes. Owen is back to work. Meanwhile, the son is increasingly adapting to a new life and even starts a relationship with Carlos, a police officer.
Guys’ relationships develop rapidly, but sometimes parents get in their way. Old-fashioned mom and dad of Carlos may not accept the shocking truth and not understand how the son wants to live not with a girl, but with a man. T.K. is furious that Carlos is delaying his confession and does not want to tell his family about his crushes on men.
And Gwyneth is determined to reunite the family again. Owen himself is more focused on the various natural disasters that crop up in Texas every now and then. His enemies are not only fires, but also hurricanes, tornadoes, downpours, and sharp cold. Residents do not know how to deal with this and hope for the help of specialists.
Few people were aware of the cancer that was destroying Owen from the inside. At first, he was hesitant to tell his son, whose break with the guy coincided with the moment when the father found out about the disease. Later, Owen wanted to cope on his own, but even the best doctors cannot always save the patient. What will be next?..
Actors and their roles
- Owen Strand — during the September 11 attacks, he spent too much time in the dust, looking for people under the rubble, as a result of which he got lung cancer; A 20-year service as a fire chief was replaced by a similar position in Texas, where he went with his son, and later his ex-wife also came to them – Rob Lowe.
- Tyler Kennedy / T.K. — son of Gwyneth and Owen; openly gay; suffered from drug addiction against the background of frequent depression — Ronen Rubinstein.
- Carlos Reyes — police officer; love interest of T.K. — Rafael L. Silva.
- Judson / Judd — former station captain; witnessed a tragedy in which his entire team was destroyed by fire; wants to return to work, but for a long time Owen does not give him such an opportunity — Jim Parrack.
- Michelle Blake — paramedic; she knows her rights and obligations well, therefore she behaves aggressively on calls and does not allow anyone other than her people to take care of the sick; looking for a sister who disappeared under unclear circumstances — Liv Tyler.
- Ronen Rubinstein was initially reluctant to play a gay man on the show, but after failing to get the role he wanted in another project, he decided to settle for T.K. For several seasons now, their heated relationship with Carlos has been actively discussed – they are considered the most popular gay couple in the TV show.
- The TV series has been broadcast since April 13, 2020 on FOX and is a spin-off of the TV show “9-1-1“, which shows the joint work of firefighters, police, doctors and other workers saving people’s lives. Both projects were created by American screenwriter Brad Falchuk (“Scream Queens”, “The Politician”, “Glee”).
- According to official sources, Liv Tyler left the project not because of a conflict with management or fellow actors. The reason for her departure lies in the coronavirus pandemic, due to which the actress had difficulty in flying to the set. Liv lives permanently in London with young children, and the production process takes place in Los Angeles. However, the leadership of the series does not exclude the return of her character to the project.
- Jon Foster, who plays Dustin Shepard, the ex-boyfriend of Michelle’s sister (played by Liv Tyler), is actually the husband of Chelsea, Liv Tyler’s sister.
9-1-1: Lone Star Season 4: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|4x01||Series 1||January 2023|
|4x02||Series 2||January 2023|
|4x03||Series 3||January 2023|
|4x04||Series 4||January 2023|
|4x05||Series 5||January 2023|
|4x06||Series 6||January 2023|
|4x07||Series 7||January 2023|
|4x08||Series 8||January 2023|
|4x09||Series 9||January 2023|
|4x10||Series 10||January 2023|