Over the course of 4 seasons, the TV show “9-1-1” is about life experiences in which resilience, practical skills and composure are important. A call to the rescue service is the moment when a whole mechanism is launched to protect civilians from all kinds of threats. But there are times when rescuers also need help.
“9-1-1 ss 5”: release date, announcement
Despite all the predictions, the continuation of the drama “9-1-1” is scheduled for release on September 20, 2022, which delighted fans of the picture. The standard interval between premieres is usually one year, but 2021 was a surprise: the creators released 2 seasons at once! Recall that the season 4 of the series aired from January 18, 2021 and consisted of 14 episodes.
We add that in parallel with this film project, there is active work on a spin-off called “9-1-1: Lone Star”, where the same members of the film crew are involved, which sometimes creates difficulties in production.
Abby is a rescue operator. It seems that there is nothing easier than accepting the call and redirecting to the appropriate special service. But it’s not always the case. In a conversation with the victim, it is very difficult to remain calm, she needs to find out the exact address, give an urgent recommendation for further action, or the person can simply be lost.
Abby has a hard time when the call drops. Of course, she tries to track the location, figure out where the caller is and send the police there. But the most difficult thing is that after the call she never knows how this or that story ended. But the other members of her team are well aware of the ending of any case.
For example, lifesaver Bobby, who worked in the fire department for many years. In Season 1, a young man, Evan Buckley, worked with him. While Bobby got drunk because of grief, Buckley talked nicely with the girls, taking advantage of his official position. In the end, Bobby was able to overcome alcohol addiction, because he needs to be of sound mind in order to save other people’s lives.
One day they receive a call from a man – a child’s crying is heard from the sewer in the wall. It turns out that the young girl had just given birth, immediately threw her child down the toilet and wanted to wash it off, but by some miracle the child survived. The kid was saved, but Evan refused to help the bleeding mother. Until Bobby insisted.
Athena Grant works for the police. The most difficult tasks are her profile. She is not afraid of bandits and bravely enters into any battle. But she cannot solve problems in her own family. Several years ago, she found out that her husband was gay. Not deciding to injure the children, she tried to keep her family together, but in the end she realized that no one needed it. The children were completely offended that they were hiding a secret from them.
In one episode, several challenges are described that are intermingled with the personal experiences of special services workers. And while people are waiting for help, Athena, Bobby and others throw all their strength into defense, forgetting about their personal interests. The inability to build a personal life affects them, but they cannot change it…
Actors and their roles
- Robert Nash – known as Bobby; works as a chief in a fire department; used to drink a lot and sometimes breaks down; knows all the disadvantages of his team, but always stands on their defense; Bobby fired Evan with the idea to soon take the guy back – Peter Krause.
- Evan Buckley – Bobby’s subordinate, everyone calls him Buck; so obsessed with himself that Bobby was fired, but soon re-hired; in season 1 he met with Abby, but then they broke up and the girl left, in season 3 he saved her fiancé after a car accident – Oliver Stark.
- Abigail Clark – empathizes with people who call her in 911; not indifferent to children; At the beginning of the TV series, she is in love with Evan, but later moved and appeared only at the end of season 3 – Connie Britton.
- Athena Grant – works on the police patrol; knows how to find justice for any criminal; in bad relations with children who are always unhappy with her behavior; after many years of marriage, she found out that her husband was cheating on her with another man – Angela Bassett.
- Angela Bassett has several awards for her performance in “9-1-1” in the category “Best Actress in an Action Series”, from season 1 to season 4 inclusive. Her character turned out to be so multifaceted that with each next season she makes the audience fall in love with herself even more.
- For two years, viewers battled the show’s creators for the return of Connie Britton, as the actress has been able to leave such a lasting impression on her acting since season 1 that her county has become overwhelming news. Connie happily accepted the offer to become the star of the picture again. However, later the writers admitted that they originally planned to return Britton’s character to the show in order to bring Abby’s relationship with Buck to a logical point.
- In 2021, on the set of season 5, Oliver Stark had an accident. He fell from the moving house, which housed his dressing room. At the next break, the actor climbed onto the roof of the house, but since it was not securely secured, the actor swayed, lost his balance and fell from the height of the second floor, injuring his left arm and rib.
9-1-1 Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|5x01||Series 1||September 20, 2021|
|5x02||Series 2||September 27, 2021|
|5x03||Series 3||October 4, 2021|
|5x04||Series 4||October 11, 2021|
|5x05||Series 5||October 18, 2021|
|5x06||Series 6||October 25, 2021|
|5x07||Series 7||November 1, 2021|
|5x08||Series 8||November 8, 2021|
|5x09||Series 9||November 15, 2021|
|5x10||Series 10||November 22, 2021|