Strong and independent journalist Eileen Fitzgerald finds facts that denigrate the current Defense Minister, and proves that he does not belong in such a high position. But since it is not safe to cross the road for influential people, a woman loses her job. While Eileen worries about her own impotence, sitting in her comfortable apartment, local residents begin to disappear in Alaska…
“Alaska Daily ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the crime drama “Alaska Daily” has not been officially announced, but it is quite expected. Film critics gave the project a positive outlook, noting the quality of both the storyline and the acting. In their opinion, new episodes will be released closer to the fall of 2023, not earlier. We are waiting for official news.
It is known that the TV show “Alaska Daily” is directed by Tom McCarthy, whose film “Spotlight”, which tells about the work of journalists, won an Oscar 6 years ago.
For many New York publishers, the name Eileen Fitzgerald is across the throat. The woman believes that the truth is one and it is in her hands. Pulling information out of people, she is forgotten. One day, her attempt to expose the Defense Minister ends in failure because the editor-in-chief refuses to post an article with the opinion that Eileen expressed in it.
The article on which the woman worked for 5 months turned out to be in the trash. On social media, readers got their own way about her misphrased post, making her a misogynist in the public eye. Deprived of work and the meaning of life, Eileen spent time at home, jogging on the track and hardly eating. Until Stanley Cornik showed up on her doorstep.
They worked together 17 years ago, but Stanley ruined an article Eileen wanted to release, and they haven’t spoken since. Upon learning that Eileen has quit her job at a major publishing house, Stanley offers her a job in Alaska at his newspaper, which Eileen considers inferior. After talking with an old acquaintance, she learns the details of the case with which Cornik came to New York.
The man shows pictures of the women to Eileen and talks about the nature of his visit. Recently, local residents began to disappear, who are later found killed. Moreover, there are many victims and all are united only by the fact that they are Alaskan natives. Eileen is intrigued, and when she arrives home, she decides to look for clues that can tell her where to look for the kidnappers.
Realizing that dozens of people are involved in the case, Fitzgerald decides to accept the offer of an old enemy and go to a cold city. The conditions of her detention are strikingly different from what Eileen is used to. Here, eternal cold awaits her, minimal comfort and a different attitude from the townspeople.
If in New York many openly despised her, here most people behave friendly. But the colleagues at the new place of work are not so professional. Few people are capable of what Eileen herself can do, since no one has such work experience. The woman tries to focus on the article and wants to finish a book about her lover, who died in the service a year after the start of their relationship. But the case of the missing girls is starting to get too serious…
Actors and their roles
- Eileen Fitzgerald — a prominent journalist who was asked to leave her position at a popular newspaper due to a disagreement with the editor-in-chief; flies to the other end of the mainland to investigate a case that has affected her journalistic nature; is convinced that she likes it better here, because she is allowed to write truthful articles and does not deprive her of the right to freedom of speech — Hilary Swank.
- Stanley — Eileen’s longtime friend whom she said goodbye to over 17 years ago; in the past, a major quarrel arose between them, after which they avoided each other’s company; only incomprehensible police actions in relation to the missing girls forced Stanley to turn to the best journalist he knew — Jeff Perry.
- Gabrielle — Eileen’s driver, the first person she met in an unfamiliar area; friendly, courteous, attentive, always ready to help, but Eileen considers him too intrusive — Pablo Castelblanco.
- Leading actress Hilary Swank won two Oscars for Best Actress. In 2000, she received a statuette for the film “Boys Don’t Cry”, and in 2005 for the film “Million Dollar Baby”.
- American viewers were the first to appreciate the picture. It has a 7.4 rating on IMDb.
- Initially, the TV show was called “Alaska”. But before the premiere of the pilot episode, the project was renamed “Alaska Daily”.
- The pilot episode was filmed from October to November 2021. The location chosen was Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The main filming process took place there between August and January 2022.
- From the credits of the TV show, it became known that the plot of “Alaska Daily” is based on articles from Anchorage Daily News and ProPublica, an investigative journalism information resource. The articles came out under the title “Lawless: Sexual Violence in Alaska”, published in 2019. As a result, Daily News began to cooperate with the producers of the TV series, advising members of the film crew at all stages of the project’s creation.
Alaska Daily Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||autumn 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||autumn 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||autumn 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||autumn 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||autumn 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||autumn 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||autumn 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||autumn 2023|
|2x09||Series 9||autumn 2023|
|2x10||Series 10||autumn 2023|