James Herriot is a young man who has just crossed the line of adulthood. The guy dreams of finding a job with animals, but instead, his candidacy is approved for a completely different place. Frustrated, he waits for another person to answer. And so, luck smiled at him… Herriot went to meet fate, but he was not ready for what awaited him there…
“All Creatures Great And Small ss 2”: release date, announcement
The TV show is based on “All Creatures Great and Small”, which was already filmed in 1978. Then the audience saw 7 seasons. Therefore, film critics are confident that the new TV series will not be limited to one season. Most likely, the captivating multi-part comedy “All Creatures Great and Small” will continue in September 2021.
An informative show about the life of animals, whose owners are forced to turn to a veterinarian, is liked not only by adults, but also by young viewers. Therefore, the series is suitable for family viewing and does not have strict age restrictions.
James leads a healthy lifestyle. He runs in the morning, dreams of finding his calling and cherishes the idea of becoming a veterinarian. Parents believe that at his age he will have to think with his head, and if the desire does not coincide with reality, then he will have to sacrifice his dreams. One day, fate becomes favorable to James and he is invited to Yorkshire as an assistant to a famous veterinarian.
Taking a long journey to the appointed place, he immediately comes under criticism from Siegfried Farnon, who is the same veterinarian. People always turn to him for advice, although he is often arrogant, rude and even vulgar. Siegfried is by nature a very difficult person, demanding too much from his subordinates.
Only his housekeeper Mrs Hall takes care of the owner. It was she who invited James to come and become Farnon’s assistant. An optimistic young man, Herriot reacts steadfastly to attacks from his boss. They begin to travel to nearby villages and help people to heal their animals. Finally, James’s dream has come true! And even grumpy Siegfried does not bother him.
The love of the main characters for the animal world is explained by the fact that it brings them not only financial benefits, but also moral satisfaction. Both Herriot and Farnon are passionate about animals. They will never refuse help to someone who really needs it. And Miss Hall will always help them not to forget about important matters and set them up for a working mood!
The more the audience follows the adventures of James and Siegfried, the more they are imbued with sympathy for the animal world. The viewer will learn about the intricacies of working with animals, about caring for them, their habits, as well as about folk remedies that can help even with the most serious illness.
Actors and their roles
- Siegfried Farnon – an eccentric middle-aged man who understands his importance in society and sometimes uses it; values his time; tries not to waste his rest on talking about work; did not look for an assistant, but quickly got along with a smiling James; smart, quickly realized that people need tricks when it comes to treating their animals – Samuel West.
- James Herriot – a boy from an ordinary small town, where in the future only work in the workshop was waiting for him; dreamed of working with animals and did not hesitate when he was offered the position of Farnon’s assistant; upon arrival, he fell in love with his work and with optimism endured all the hardships of fate, including the kick from the horse, which he later cured – Nicholas Ralph.
- Mrs Hall – works at Farnon’s house; lovingly cares about her careless owner, who is always dissatisfied with something; helped Siegfried find an assistant in the person of James; Mrs Hall cooks well, runs the house, can easily distribute the day for Siegfried and helps Herriot – Anna Madeley in every possible way.
- The world premiere took place on September 1, 2020. The producers of the show are believed to be aiming for the same success expected by its predecessor, “All Creatures Great and Small”. That TV series aired on HBO from 1978 to 1990 and ended after season 7.
- Samuel West is very meticulous in real life, so when on the set he demanded something from the staff, many thought that this was how he entered the role. In fact, Sam is practical about all questions concerning his person.
- Nicholas Ralph took a long time to get used to his new image, because it was necessary to turn from a brutal macho into a village veterinarian – a lover of animals and everything connected with them. The hairstyle was thought out by Nicholas himself, but the wardrobe was selected by the dresser who worked on James’ outfits.
- When Anna Madeley came to the casting, the director and his team unanimously decided to give her the role of Mrs Hall. Anna perfectly entered the image of her heroine from the first time.
All Creatures Great And Small Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||September 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||September 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||September 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||September 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||September 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||September 2021|