XXVII century. People are so adapted to life that the loss of a shell does not always mean death. If the body has lost the ability to function, then consciousness is placed in a special capsule, which can be transplanted into another body. Many years ago, Takeshi Kovacs was killed by a military unit. In the past, a brutal killer, Takeshi must understand why and why now his mind was loaded into someone else’s body…
When will the sequel to “Altered Carbon Season 3” be released?
The first 2 seasons received very good portions of positive feedback from viewers and critics. And fans of the fantastic TV show “Altered Carbon” were genuinely surprised when they found out that the project was closed. Perhaps the coronavirus intervened and the director saw no reason to wait for permission to continue production work, or maybe there were other reasons, for example, the rating was not high enough for the producers … The show was officially closed without comment.
Waking up after hundreds of years in a strange body, Takeshi is trying to remember where and who he was. A rebel, an uncontrollable killer, fighting on the side of those people whose beliefs are more to his liking – this is how Takeshi can be described. A dark woman constantly appears in his head, who is talking with him, and it seems that Takeshi will never be able to forget about her…
The world has become different than before. Kovacs is struggling to adapt. A woman policeman was sent to help him, who recently wanted to dismiss Mr. Bancroft, because she could not solve his crime. Laurens Bancroft was killed by a shot in the memory disk located in his head. Only a lot of money and foresight could keep his consciousness alive.
Laurens openly invites Takeshi to investigate his death. Someone clearly wanted to fine-tune everything as suicide, but who and why? This Laurens wants to find out with the help of one of the best fighters that are remembered for generations. People like Kovacs have a very developed intuition, which helps them to stay alive for a long time and see what others do not see.
Bancroft is sure that he could never have killed himself. Laurens loves life, he has a wonderful family. But Takeshi decides to refuse such an offer and once again free consciousness from a body foreign to him. Spending the last day on Earth, Kovacs sees in his head a woman who asks him to do business. She is dear to Takeshi and he is unable to resist.
At this time, the hotel in which Kovacs settled was attacked. For this, special people were hired for a lot of money. Takeshi concludes that someone very influential does not want him to take on the Laurens case. So it’s time to say “yes” to the circumstances and find the killer.
Viewers are again waiting for an immersion in atmospheric time, when criminals and the police have the same chance of survival. But can the protagonist improve his abilities in such a world?
Actors and their roles
- Takeshi Kovacs – a professional killer known as one of the rebels; possesses innate intuition, can see enemies virtually through walls; was restored to a strange body hundreds of years after the death of the last shell to investigate the murder of one rich man – Joel Kinnaman, Anthony Mackie.
- Laurens Bancroft – a man with incredible wealth; lives in a gorgeous mansion with his son and wife; initially created a copy of his consciousness, which was loaded onto the satellite every 20 minutes, but 10 minutes before the next unloading his shell was killed and now he does not remember who the killer is – James Purefoy.
- Miriam Bancroft – wife of Laurens; in order to leave the list of suspects, she asked the policewoman who was conducting the case to put Miriam on a lie detector, which was successfully passed; she madly loves her son and forgives him any oversights – Kristin Lehman.
- Isaac – the son of Miriam and Laurens; a lover of parties and an easy, fun life, he is not able to complete any business, because he does not take work seriously; often rude to his mother – Antonio Marziale.
- One of the screenwriters was Laeta Kalogridis, a lover of creating projects with the universe inside. Her famous projects: “Alita: Battle Angel”, “Avatar”, “Terminator Genisys” and many other popular films. The creators of the series “Altered Carbon” was important to see her among their employees and use her talent to the maximum.
- Joel Kinnaman and Anthony Mackie, both playing Takeshi Kovacs in the series, were able to make friends with each other. By the way, men have different fees – Joel received 2 times more for 1 episode than Anthony. So originally agreed agents of the actors. Now it’s clear why, right after the series, Anthony stopped working with his agent and eventually chose the well-known PR manager.
- James Purefoy became a guest actor called by Alex Graves, director of “Game of Thrones” and “Shameless“. Graves has a peculiar view of things, and often because of this view, the creators of the picture had to hire those heroes whom Alex had seen in the frame before filming. Purefoy became one of these people and immediately got into the “Altered Carbon” project without casting.
Altered Carbon Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||the project is closed|
|3x02||Series 2||the project is closed|
|3x03||Series 3||the project is closed|
|3x04||Series 4||the project is closed|
|3x05||Series 5||the project is closed|
|3x06||Series 6||the project is closed|
|3x07||Series 7||the project is closed|
|3x08||Series 8||the project is closed|