Miranda, Carrie and Charlotte have carried their friendship through the years. Sometimes they miss Samantha and her eccentricity, but life is already full of events that make women look at the world in a new way. The bachelor’s time is over and now all the problems are tied to everyday life and long-term romances. And what lies ahead for them?
“And Just Like That… ss 2”: release date, announcement
Some sources claim that it was originally intended to revive the mega-popular TV project “Sex and the City” by releasing more than one season. However, the audience reacted extremely ambivalently to the premiere. If we omit the question of the aged main characters (as if this process is not natural), then in the new series “And Just Like That…” from the very first episode, discussion of a huge number of pressing problems “falls out”. Giving the viewer everything at once is not the best option.
The creators of the picture clearly did not count on such a number of negative reviews from both fans, who wanted to leave in their memories the “golden composition” of cheerful friends with their problems and happy moments, and film critics, who literally flew into the project with pejorative reviews. However, there are other, more positive-minded specialists from the world of cinema, confident that the producers should launch the season 2 of the series “And Just Like That…”. Moreover, the final scene of the season 1 clearly hints at a sequel.
It is currently known that the development of the 2nd season of the TV show “And Just Like That” is in full swing. The exact premiere date of the new episodes is unknown, but unofficial sources claim that the release is scheduled for spring 2023.
Carrie’s many years of experience in magazines, newspapers and other print media helped her to master the newfangled profession of leading her own podcast. She has been successfully gathering an audience for several years now and does not complain about money problems. Her stories are popular and help to earn what she loves most in the world: expensive shoes from famous designers.
And Carrie has finally found happiness with the man she has craved for all these years. John is also happily married, although sometimes he jokes that Carrie’s abilities in the kitchen are minimized. For example, a woman uses the oven to store sweaters. Since the personal life of both spouses is going well, Carrie is not offended by such jokes.
Charlotte has successfully realized itself in the field of motherhood. She still has difficulties with children, but she knows how to find ways to resolve conflicts. Harry is used to listening to his wife’s orders, but sometimes a man is able to influence her decisions — a long-term union helped him to better understand what she wants. The spouses are happy and do everything for the prosperity of the family hearth.
Changes in Miranda’s life have been minimized: she still works as a lawyer, lives alone, and from her impenetrable face it is impossible to tell how sad it is. Periodic meetings with partners suit her. The child has grown up and does not require as much attention as before. But career growth beckons a woman, forcing her to overcome all obstacles.
The friendship of Miranda, Charlotte and Carrie is sacred to everyone. They do not teach each other how to live, they just go with the flow and only occasionally suggest ways to solve problems. This is what their union is based on. There is nothing more important in life than mutual understanding. And even though they are at different stages of life, once a week they still meet in a designated place…
Actors and their roles
- Carrie Bradshaw — has hosted her own podcasts for many years; often meets with other presenters; lives with John, whom she called Mr. Big, which was mentioned a lot on “Sex and the City”; in the first episode, John unexpectedly dies of a heart attack — Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Miranda Hobbes — a successful lawyer; a serious, educated, calm woman; dreams of good income and career growth — Cynthia Nixon.
- Charlotte York Goldenblatt — married to Harry the Jew for many years; brings up children and is happy to be a mother; pays great attention to the appearance of the family and tries not to disgrace in front of strangers, considering this the worst humiliation for herself — Kristin Davis.
- Harry Goldenblatt — Charlotte’s calm and judicious husband; was able to make her happy in bed, which was the main catalyst for starting a relationship; immersed in work, but does not forget to find time for his wife and children — Evan Handler.
- The project “And Just Like That…” is a sequel to the TV series “Sex and the City” and two full-length films dedicated to the formation of the marriage union between Carrie and John. 11 years have passed since then, during which three showrunners tried to revive the story of four friends, but they constantly failed.
- In 2019, when the script was ready, it became known that Kim Cattrall, who played the role of Samantha in the predecessor films, would not participate in the filming. It was rumored that the actress asked for too much of a fee, but in reality Cattrall was not invited due to the scandals that she had previously inflicted with Sarah, Cynthia and Kristin.
- With extensive experience on TV, the main stars of the screen were not limited to just roles. Sarah Jessica Parker and Kristin Davis produced several episodes, while Cynthia Nixon was involved in directing those moments in which she did not have to be in the frame. The outfits for Carrie were chosen by Sarah herself, who for many years collected the image of her character.
- Much attention was paid to music, so Aaron Zigman was invited as a composer. He participated in the creation of musical accompaniment for TV projects “The Notebook”, “John Q”, “Bridge to Terabithia”, “Take the lead”. After the release of these films, CDs with soundtracks from Zigman were also sold.
- The first season consisted of 10 episodes lasting 45 minutes and aired on HBO Max from December 9, 2021 to February 3, 2022.
And Just Like That... Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|