Dozens of years later, Steven Spielberg recreated the mischievous animations so that the young generation could again experience the taste of real childhood! This was facilitated by Netflix, which was able to keep viewers on TV when watching reruns of episodes filmed in 1993. And now we are waiting for new episodes with the participation of Yakko, Wakko, Dot and their friends!
“Animaniacs ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the hit animated TV series “Animaniacs” has been officially confirmed and is scheduled for release in November 2021. The broadcast will be handled by Hulu.
Dot Warner and her two brothers Yakko and Wakko are real mischievous characters! They manage not only to find adventure, but also to bring problems to everyone who somehow tries to stop them. Any attempts to calm down eccentric animas end in failure, because they are fluent in the technique of disarming the enemy.
Each episode is divided into several parts – one of them shows the funny trinity, and the other deals with laboratory mice Pinky and Brain, who are unsuccessfully trying to take over the world. Many years later, Brain almost succeeds in fulfilling his old dream, but Pinky, who spoiled everything, again contributes to the plans of his friend.
Unlike the original animated TV series released in 1993, all characters have to adapt to the conditions of the current world. The script is written as if all the characters had been absent from television for more than 22 years and now they need to catch up in a short time. So, in the first episode of the 1st season, one of the Warner brothers eats a tablet in the hope of loading all the knowledge of this world into himself.
Brain uses the invented tools with might and main. Making himself a cute mouse in children’s things, he launches a broadcast over the Internet, trying to collect a record number of likes. At this moment, he launches a hypnotizing spiral in his video, but in an instant, the glory that has come leaves him, moving to a competitor, who the next day has already overshadowed all Brain’s efforts.
Dot, Wakko and Yakko are also keeping up with the guys, trying to find out what has happened during the years of their absence. They are sincerely surprised by new technologies, trying to resemble today’s teenagers, but their main goal remains the same – not to let the audience and their surroundings get bored. Dot has matured, grown wiser and now, instead of an endless stream of charm, she uses her mind…
The main characters of the animated series
- Yakko – the eldest of the Warners, speaks several languages, is interested in the film industry and knows all about the stars; has a weakness for the female sex; able to twist his head, peeping at the next beauty.
- Wakko – a little more stupid than his older brother, which makes him seem more charming; loves girls; suffers from a lack of glucose, which compensates for by eating everything that only fits in his mouth; Wakko has a bag from which he can get any object or even a person.
- Dot – the sister of Yakko and Wakko, a sweet, kind, intelligent, inquisitive girl; used to adore Mel Gibson so much that she watched him everywhere; always has unexpected ideas in her head.
- Pinky – a smart, tall mouse with head problems, or rather Pinky is so stupid that it is immediately visible to others.
- Brain – a short mouse with a huge head; very smart; his lifelong dream is to conquer the world and enslave humanity.
- Those who voiced characters since 1993 also appeared in the reboot. Back in October 2019, Hulu confirmed that it was already collaborating with voice actors who worked on the animated series. Hulu is working closely with Steven Spielberg and Warner Bros., who are promoting this cartoon.
- Due to the time difference, some of the characters that appeared in 1993 had to be abandoned. So, Wakko’s favorite, Nurse, could not “fit” into the picture of 2020 according to the writers and creators. They had to replace her with more striking characters of our time, which looked harmoniously in the series.
- Previously, Dot was described as the sweetest creature who is able to make a person do whatever she wants. She only had to wave her huge eyelashes once. Now the writers have focused on her intelligence, which shines in every episode, putting her on a par with Yakko. In the song for the series, the line “Dot is cute and Yakko yaks” had to be replaced with “Dot has wit and Yakko yaks”.
Animaniacs Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||November 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||November 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||November 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||November 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||November 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||November 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||November 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||November 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||November 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||November 2021|