Romantic anime “Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me?” talks about how difficult it is to cope with feelings when you are only 16 years old. The heart is open to deep relationships, while it is too vulnerable and trusting. How to find your true love and become happy? ..
Genre – romantic comedy.
The premiere of the 1st season took place on October 2, 2019.
The original name of the anime is Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo.
When will the sequel to the anime “Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me? Season 2” come out?
There are more and more fans of stories about the love adventures of schoolchildren every day. Manga is released with good frequency, anime pleases with beautiful drawing and ease of perception. The high ratings of the series indicate one thing: there will be a sequel! The question from the audience is one – when?
According to some reports, the new anime series “Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me?” may come out soon. However, as of December 2021, no one has officially confirmed the production of new episodes. The intrigue is growing…
Spring. Not only nature awakens, but also human feelings. Especially when it comes to teens. Hormones go off scale and are ready to splash over the edge. Joro goes back to school with his childhood friend Himawari. Classmates consider them to be best friends, but they are just friends…
A typical day at school turned out for the main character an unexpected invitation to a romantic date. And not from anyone, but from the head of the Student Council – Cosmos! The beauty personally invited Joro to take a walk on the day off, and the guy immediately agreed. But that’s not all. A surprise in the form of a date invitation was made by Himawari. Now both days off are scheduled – on Saturday, Joro walks with one, on Sunday – with the other girl. Is this not happiness?
The unexpected recognition of both girls confuses Joro. They are in love with Sun-chan, the protagonist’s best friend. And Joro acts only as an assistant in achieving the love goals of beauties. But there are two girls, and Sun-chan is one. The one to be rejected by the star of school baseball will become Joro’s lover. But will the guy’s plan work? Will he be able to help girls find happiness and will he be happy himself?..
- Amatsuyu Kisaragi – 16-year-old high school student, has the nickname Joro; Cosmos’s assistant on the Student Council; as an ordinary teenager, Amatsuyu does not pursue knowledge, his main hobby is girls and everything connected with them; due to the fact that Sumireko knows almost everything about him, Joro from time to time, against his will, should appear at lunch in the library, where the girl spends most of her time; Joro considers Sun-chan his best friend; the guy suddenly finds out that two girls are in love not with him, but with his best friend.
The name of the protagonist consists of 2 hieroglyphs, which translate as “Moon” and “Juyu dew”.
- Sumireko Sanshokuin – has the nickname Pansy; moonlighting in the library; in love with Joro, but openly did not speak about her feelings for a long time; outwardly, the girl looks like a gloomy dummy, a lover of books, because she has long black braids, glasses with powerful diopters and she is always in the library surrounded by books; the girl manages to constantly speak in an unflattering manner towards Joro; despite his deceptive appearance, Pansy has a beautiful figure and lovely facial features from nature; Sumireko is one of the few who understood the true nature of Amatsuyu, she found out all his secrets and therefore skillfully manipulates him; she treats people around with kindness and care.
If we take 3 hieroglyphs from the name Sumireko Sanshokuin, we get the word Pansy.
- Aoi Hinata – has the nickname Himawari; 16 years; cheerful and cheerful girl; Amatsuyu’s childhood friend; in love with Sun-chan; in order for Sun-chan to pay attention to Aoi, she shared her feelings with her friend Joro.
If you swap the hieroglyphs named after Aoi Hinata, we get Himawari, which from Japanese translates as “Sunflower”.
- Sakura Akino – has the nickname Cosmos; 17 years; is the head of the Student Council; a beautiful girl with whom almost all guys are in love; in an attempt to take hold of Sun-chan’s heart, she asks for help from his best friend Joro.
If you add two hieroglyphs named after Sakura Akino, you get Akisakura, which means “Cosmos” in Japanese.
- Taiyo Oga – nicknamed Sun-chan, Joro’s best friend; 16 years; star of a school baseball club; the guy is very popular at school, everyone knows him as an attentive and friendly student; in fact, Sun-chan is extremely selfish in character, proud and capable of harboring anger for anyone for a long time; he has tender feelings for Pansy, while Himawari and Cosmos are in love with him; but Sun-chan only took advantage of the feelings of the girls in order to undermine Joro’s reputation.
The name of the protagonist Taiyo Oga in Japanese means “Sun”.
- The director of the series was Noriaki Akitaya, who worked on such projects as “Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood”, “Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion“, “Bakuman” and others.
- The light novel was first published on February 10, 2016. The first volume of the manga was originally published in Shonen Jump + magazine by Shueisha Publishing House on February 26, 2017. At the time of fall 2019, 4 volumes were published.
Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me? Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|