XIX century. Phileas Fogg is an English aristocrat, known among his close associates as an eccentric, impulsive and cowardly middle-aged man. Once he saw a newspaper article about traveling around the world in 80 days, he decides to prove to everyone that he is capable of such an adventure. The grins from his friends reinforce the desire to do the impossible, and he sets off…
“Around the World in 80 Days ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the adventure comedy “Around the World in 80 Days” has already been officially announced, albeit without specific release dates. Ahead is a long process of filming, subsequent editing and other “magical” manipulations, without which no film project can do. As for the date of the premiere of the new episodes, information appeared in the networks that it will take place closer to the beginning of 2023. We continue to follow the news.
Abigail Fortescue hated these times. It is not surprising — it was not only her father who prevented her from becoming a journalist, who was also the editor of the largest print publication in England. An even bigger problem was the society in which Abigail had to defend women’s right to want to work. Journalism has been her passion since childhood.
Forcing her father to put the written article in his newspaper, she hoped to gain fame. But the father did not want to write the name of his daughter under the article. An enraged Abigail adopts the pseudonym “Fix” and decides to embark on a dangerous journey with Phileas Fogg, which should end 80 days after their departure from England.
Having accidentally learned about Fogg’s departure, a waiter named Passepartout decided to take part in the experiment as well. By providing Phileas with the services of a porter, he becomes the third participant in the adventure. And the first stop for them turns out to be France, in which uprisings are raging, and the younger brother of Passepartout threatens to kill the mayor of the country for the sake of his own interests.
Having lost sight of Abigail and Passepartout for a time, Phileas is a victim of street children. They take away almost all of the gentleman’s property, and only after the intervention of strangers, the children give him some of the things. Frustrated, Phileas realizes that he will have to return to England, but the adventurous spirit of his fellow travelers makes it impossible to turn back…
A trip to new countries turns into a big quest in which the trinity have to solve the most intricate tasks. For everyone, this adventure is of particular importance. Phileas wants to prove to everyone that he is worth something, Abigail longs for recognition of her professional abilities and even Passepartout will make viewers look at him from a different angle…
Actors and their roles
- Phileas — an honorable gentleman, a frequent visitor to the English club for men, where he managed to make a bet with some comrade for the last 20,000 pounds, the goal of which was to travel the whole world for 80 days — David Tennant.
- Abigail — a young girl with great ambitions; wants her newspaper articles to become recognizable, but her father does not want to help her, and what she has written is published under a different name; goes with Phileas to write notes about everything that happens along the way — Leonie Benesch.
- Passepartout — waiter at a men’s club, overhearing Phileas’ conversation in which he argued about the reality of an 80-day trip around the Earth; decided to take part in the round-the-world adventure and was hired to work for Fogg as a porter — Ibrahim Koma.
- The series is based on the novel of the same name by Jules Verne, written in 1872. The novel is part of the “Voyages extraordinaires” cycle, which also contains stories that have gained enormous popularity: “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas”, “Journey to the Center of the Earth”, “Five weeks in a balloon”, “The Children of Captain Grant “and others. The cycle consists of 68 novels and was written from 1863 to 1919.
- Unfortunately for the fans of the book, the TV show contains many deviations, the key of which is Fix — on the screen we see a woman ready to fight everyone who gets in her way. In the novel, he is a man who is convinced that Phileas stole a large sum of money from an English bank and is now in hiding while traveling the world.
- The most mysterious character in the TV series is Passepartout. Starting with his younger brother, whom he met by chance in France, and ending with subsequent adventures in other countries. In the book, Phileas appears as a mysterious character, which again goes against the usual idea of his character.
- Tired of the role of the killer, which David Tennant played in the TV series “Jessica Jones“, the actor was ready to reincarnate with pleasure in another role, a new and opposite character. But he was again invited to the role of the antagonist — in the TV series “Good Omens“. His subsequent work “Staged” was more optimistic, and then he was invited to play the role of Fogg in “Around the World in 80 Days.”
Around the World in 80 Days Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|