On Pandora, mankind has been mining unobtanium for many years, a mineral that people use for various purposes. RDA is setting up a huge mining camp here. The local blue-skinned people of Na’vi are trying to prevent this, because they want to stop the destruction on their native land. This is how the bloody war of 2154 begins…
“Avatar part 3”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the fantastic movie “Avatar” is scheduled for December 20, 2024. However, it is known that such long-term plans are not always implemented. The premiere on time can be hampered by many things: from technical problems to a repeated outbreak of coronavirus, which cannot be ruled out.
Along with the development of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th parts, director James Cameron is simultaneously supervising the construction of facilities for further filming. The work process has not stopped since 2011 and has been going on for over 10 years.
Former Marine Jake Sully is aboard the RDA aircraft. An avatar is being developed here — an expensive engineered hybrid created from a Na’vi body and placed in a human. Previously, Jake’s twin brother controlled the avatar, but he died. In order not to waste time and money creating another avatar, Jake, who is confined to a wheelchair, was invited to the project.
With the help of an avatar, Jake can again walk, run, jump, and also has an appearance identical to the Na’vi. Together with a team of soldiers, he is sent to study the biosphere of Pandora, but on the way he is attacked by a local predator and only a girl-na’vi Neytiri rescues him from imminent death. The guy follows the savior and she leads him to her house, where creatures like her have lived for centuries.
Gradually getting to know the new people, Jake is imbued with sympathy for them and decides to confront his employers. Neytiri and the other inhabitants of Pandora help him, and at the end of the 1st part, they manage to destroy the camp. Jake stays with Neytiri and decides to start a family with her.
After some time, Jake and Findri have children, but the threat from human earners of useful resources remains. The Na’vi are again forced to fight with people, but already in the part 2, where James Cameron shows the beautiful views of the sea depths of Pandora…
Actors of their roles
- Neytiri — lost her sister during a human invasion; believes in a goddess worshiped by all Na’vi; gave birth to three children from Jake; is a hunter of her clan; skillfully handling weapons — Zoe Saldana.
- Jake Sully — a former soldier, which is very disliked by scientific researcher Dr. Grace; rides a wheelchair; replaced his brother Tommy in the body of an avatar, thanks to which he again felt the ability to walk, after which he did not want to leave this body — Sam Worthington.
- 10 years ago, in 2011, James Cameron announced that all the leading actors received an invitation to star in the sequel. It can be assumed that Sigourney Weaver (Dr. Grace Augustine) and Stephen Lang (Miles Quaritch) killed in the first part of the film will reappear. Weaver stated back in February 2010 on the Le Grand Journal TV program that Cameron knew how to bring her character back into the project.
- In March 2011, the director went to live in the jungle to get acquainted with the life of savages and understand how to survive in such conditions. The film crew went with him. As a result, they spent 20 days there.
- Since June 2011, Manhattan Beach, a South Californian studio, has been building the set for the movie “Avatar” while Cameron has been working hard on the script.
- In March 2012, Cameron boarded the Deepsea Challenger bathyscaphe, which can hold only 1 person. James rode it into the Mariana Trench to draw inspiration for a vision of the ocean depths of Pandora. Over the past 50 years, Cameron has become the only non-professional to do so.
- Filming “Avatar”, the frame rate of the film reached 24 frames per second. With the second film, it was decided to conduct an experiment, increasing the number to 60.
- It is planned to remove only 4 parts, the budget of which will be about $ 1 billion. Cameron plans to release a film every 2 years, so after the release of the part 2, the part 3 of “Avatar” will appear in 2024, and the fourth one — in 2026.
- The MBS Media Campus was leased for 5 years. Cameron wanted to film only here, because the characteristic features of this place is a “green attitude” to the environment: a water saving program, the use of environmentally friendly paints and cleaning products, and the installation of solar panels, which allowed part of the film to be filmed using solar energy.
- In March 2020, the New Zealand government, where most of the filming took place, banned further work. Seeking permission for further actions, the participants of the “Avatar” were forced to spend 2 weeks in isolation with a prerequisite — everything must take place under the supervision of the Wellington government. On June 16 of the same year, work was resumed.
Avatar 3: Release Date
|Avatar 3||December 20, 2024|