Emma Green loves her job. After all, being the lead astronaut of NASA, she leads the next mission to Mars. Her husband and daughter are proud of her, her crew is full of strength, and Emma herself looks to the future with hope. But at the last moment, unpleasant events happen one after another. Will Emma stay aboard the ship or go to her family?
“Away ss 2”: release date, announcement
Viewers will be able to see the continuation of the space saga “Away” not earlier than September 2021, provided that the director will resume work. Good reviews and good ratings give a chance that the viewer will still see the new episodes.
A wonderful team of professionals has gathered in this project. During the work on the project, the film crew and actors became one big family, like the crew members. Let’s wish them easy work. And we are looking forward to the new season!
At a very young age, Emma met the love of her life. Together with Matt, they passed the qualifying tests at NASA, but she was more fortunate. The husband was diagnosed with a disease that did not allow him to become an astronaut. The maximum for him is work in the NASA office. And even though the man regretted unfulfilled dreams, he was sincerely happy for his wife.
All these years they had a lovely daughter, Alexis. Both parents were very proud of her. When Emma flew away on another mission, a housekeeper was hired to help Matt, who most often became Alexis’s friend. When the time came to go to Mars, the girl was introduced to another housekeeper, with whom they were to live for 3 years.
Emma did her best to become a good commander for her subordinates, but even before the main departure, several tragic events happened at once. First, Emma’s accidental mistake nearly killed the entire crew as she could burn the entire ship. This became the cause of discord between the team members, some of which took up arms against Emma.
But Green had dreamed of flying to Mars as a commander for so many years. She clearly did her job, even if she did not know about the properties of some matter. Representatives of NASA justified her actions, regarding them as leadership. But then another trouble happened, keeping Emma on Earth – Matt was taken to the hospital with a stroke, and Alexis was left without parents, with a housekeeper.
Deciding to drop everything and cancel her flight, Emma begins to pack her things. But her husband, who has regained consciousness, asks her not to give up the business halfway. Yes, there will be a separation of 3 years, but Green went to this all her life. And why would she leave it all now? Having finally convinced his wife, Matt did not know what tests awaited her there, but he perfectly understood all her aspirations on the way to the goal.
The chances of successful completion of the mission are 50 to 50. It is not enough, but the woman knew what she was doing, which means that in any case, the flight was organized for a reason. Now she must deal with the disgruntled crew members walking freely on board the ship and ready to throw hard-hitting words at her. The most important problem is the events taking place on board even before arriving on Mars…
Actors and their roles
- Emma Green – astronaut; married to a NASA employee; brings up a daughter; went to Mars, which will take 3 years to fly; worries about discord in the team, as this affects her reputation; on bad terms with Misha and Lu; hopes that her husband will recover and be able to look after his daughter in her absence – Hilary Swank.
- Matt – Emma’s devoted husband, in love with her for many years; he had to give up his career due to a hereditary disease that was soon to manifest; before Emma’s flight to Mars, he was admitted to the hospital with a stroke – Josh Charles.
- Misha – Emma’s enemy; a Russian cosmonaut, part of Emma Green’s mission to Mars; ready to lie and substitute other people for their own benefit; Misha lied at the beginning of the TV series about Emma’s involvement in the arson, after which he destroyed his reputation in the eyes of the rest of the crew – Mark Ivanir.
- Hilary Swank lost 13 pounds for the role. A woman even before that constantly visits the gym and leads a healthy lifestyle. But for this role, she had to remove a little weight so as not to look larger than the rest of the crew. Hilary was not against such a change and in a month she easily lost those extra pounds.
- The script was rewritten so many times that in the end another screenwriter had to be hired to check the material for errors that the audience might notice. The latest contender was Andrew Hinderaker, who specializes in horror. He contributed to the plot as he revised the script. Hence the horror note in each episode.
- Mark Ivanir plays a Russian astronaut on the TV show, but he is actually an Israeli actor who has many relatives in Belarus. Hence the appearance that makes him look like a Russian. Mark very often plays negative characters, because over the years his face becomes more serious and expressive.
Away Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||September 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||September 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||September 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||September 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||September 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||September 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||September 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||September 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||September 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||September 2021|