John Paul Williams was not a pleasant person. He bullied his wife Grace; he was disgusted with others and was not on friendly terms with anyone. Tired of enduring attacks from his side, the wife turns to her four sisters for help. Things take an unexpected turn when insurance claims agent Thomas Claffin steps in…
“Bad Sisters ss 2”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the comedy thriller “Bad Sisters” is officially confirmed! The Season 1 rating was 7.6 on IMDb, and the TV series has not lost ground even after the release of the last episodes. Is it necessary to close the project with such success? Of course not! According to official data, the season 2 will be shown in November 2023. There is no more precise information yet.
Grace had to endure humiliation for years. The surprised sisters just shook their heads and were perplexed when John Paul once again did not let his wife meet with them. The last straw was the Christmas reunion, where he tactlessly laughed at Eva, who cannot have children. In addition, Grace and her family were the very first to leave — Paul decided so.
Deciding to meet in a few days and talk, the sisters are waiting for the arrival of Grace, but her husband does not let her at the last moment. Angry at the “relative”, the women hatch a comic plan of revenge, in which only during the conversation they suggest that Paul belongs in the underworld and it is possible to speed up the process by which he gets there…
Little time has passed. Grace is an inconsolable widow who can’t control her tears. John Paul has died, and she has to deal with the funeral arrangements herself. The sisters mourn, but alone from prying eyes they rejoice that Grace will not have to listen to lectures and be abused by her husband for several more years. But is it really so good?
The always underachieving younger sister Becka accidentally finds herself on the road. The motorcyclist, forced to leave the road because of her, gets into a small accident. This is how she meets Matthew Claffin, who will arrive with Thomas an hour later to find out from Grace the details of the death of her husband and his insurer, John Paul Williams.
Thomas has his interest — the documentary errors made can ruin his company, and he must deprive the inconsolable Grace of the inheritance left by her husband at any cost. Asking the widow a million questions, he arouses suspicion, and she, in a fit of feelings, tells him a lie. Now he must check her version, and she must prove the veracity of her own words.
Soon everything will be so confused that it will be difficult to find the ends. What really happened to the deceased? Who will reveal the true cause of death of John Paul? What kind of life awaits Grace and her daughter?…
Actors and their roles
- Grace — lived for many years with a tyrant who had the opportunity to mock her, make fun of her in front of her relatives and friends, did not hesitate to raise a hand against her and spoil her life in every possible way; tries to keep the insurance that her husband took out before his death, but step by step she fails — Anne-Marie Duff.
- Bibi — a despotic woman who easily expresses dissatisfaction without thinking about the consequences; she was the first of the sisters to propose the idea of hastening the death of John Paul; lives with a girl; walks in a pirate bandage because she is missing an eye — Sarah Greene.
- Eva — works in a large firm with John Paul; on Christmas Eve, after his unsuccessful joke about her inability to have children, announces that she has been promoted, and soon the man takes his wife and leaves for home; Eva lives alone, which makes her very sad; often drinks alcohol — Sharon Horgan.
- Becka — the charming sister of all of the above; likes to spend time with family, have fun; starts a relationship with Matthew after meeting him on the road where she caused an accident involving his motorcycle — Eve Hewson.
- The TV show “Bad Sisters” is based on the Belgian film “Clan”, released in September 2012.
- The series was directed by Dearbhla Walsh, who has worked on such TV projects as “Fargo“, “The Tudors”, “The Handmaid’s Tale” and “The Punisher“. She won the 2009 Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries for the TV series “Little Dorrit”.
- The TV show “Bad Sisters” is considered an international project, since several countries participated in its development at once: the USA, Belgium, Great Britain and Ireland.
- In addition to the TV series “Bad Sisters”, Daryl McCormack, playing the role of Matthew, worked in the project “Good Luck to You, Leo Grande”, which was released 2 months earlier than “Sisters”. The film aired on Hulu.
Bad Sisters Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|