Beecham House Season 2
“Downton Abbey” returns in the form of a new British historical series “Beecham House”. Creator Gurinder Chadha brought a fresh look to the dramatic film. The plot is based on characters, full of mysteries and secrets, and an exciting story that will find millions of fans from the first series…
Genre – historical drama.
Number of episodes – 6.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on June 23, 2019 on the ITV channel in the UK.
When will the “Beecham House Season 2” be released?
Gurinder Chadha enthusiastically set to work on the project “Beecham House”. The management of the ITV had no doubt that the ratings of the series and the number of views would be very high. And so it was. And it is not clear their decision to close the project after the release of season 1. The audience is at a loss. Unfortunately, we will not see new episodes.
19th century eve. Delhi. John Beecham acquires a mansion surrounded by exotic forests and pristine meadows. Delhi is on the threshold of the time when the British would rule India in this region…
The past of the protagonist is hidden behind seven locks. John Beecham prefers to keep the most intimate secrets with him. But his appearance in the new house with a baby in his arms, and even with skin the color of an olive, immediately spreads rumors and gossip about his family. In the assistants of John – two Indian nannies who do not leave little August for a minute.
Beecham has been looking for his pier for a long time. Now a new huge house in Delhi – his temple, its walls, its fortress. But no matter how John escapes from his past, it follows on his heels, not leaving him alone. Conspiracies, rival attacks, rumors – he will have to face this and clear his name.
John will share the mansion with his mother, who, after a long separation, moved from London to her own son, grabbing a young companion. They were also joined by John’s younger brother, Daniel, a military in the British East India Company. Now the mother of the brothers should get along under the same roof not only with adult sons, but also with two female nannies, one of whom does not intend to yield to leadership.
“Beecham House” is a dramatic story in which the world of servants is no less important than the life of the owners of the mansion…
The main characters of the series
- John Beecham – a soldier of the East India Company in the past, in the present – a successful seller; most recently became the owner of a house in the Indian city of Delhi, now he cares only for the welfare of his family and comfortable living conditions in a new mansion – Tom Bateman.
- Daniel Beecham – John’s younger brother, a soldier of the East India Company, was for some time considered missing; decided to move to his brother’s mansion – Leo Suter.
- Henrietta Beecham – John and Daniel’s mother; after many years of separation, he moved to John’s house, taking with him his young companion – Lesley Nicol.
- General Castillon – French mercenary, in every way threatens to destroy the business plans of John – Gregory Fitoussi.
- The filming of the series began in August and lasted until the end of 2018 in the Indian state of Rajasthan and the city of Delhi.
- British television company ITV ordered the script of the historical drama to the famous writer, director and producer Gurinder Chadha. Paul Mayeda Burges, with whom Gurinder has already worked on the film “Viceroy’s House”, shown at the 2017 Berlin International Film Festival, helped her with this. No one doubted that the result of such a creative union would be another enchanting series.
- Important in creating the film was the fact that the actors were chosen for their roles, both British and indigenous Indian. For the picture it is very important to play original characters, since the sincerity of the game will attract viewers from all over the world.
- At the time of the release of the 1st season of the right to broadcast the series “Beecham House” acquired dozens of countries around the world.
- The picture is not based on real events. The plot of the series – the artistic invention of the author.
- Actress Lesley Nicol is familiar to viewers by the role of the cook Mrs. Patmore of a similar dramatic film “Downton Abbey”. Whereas the actor Leo Suter played the role of Edward Drummond in the no less ambitious project “Victoria“.
- The most striking works of Gurinder Chadha are: “Bend It Like Beckham” with the young star Keira Knightley in the lead role (2002) and the Bollywood film “Bride & Prejudice”, based on the novel by the famous writer Jane Austen “Pride and Prejudice” (2004 year).
Beecham House Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||the project is closed|
|2x02||Series 2||the project is closed|
|2x03||Series 3||the project is closed|
|2x04||Series 4||the project is closed|
|2x05||Series 5||the project is closed|
|2x06||Series 6||the project is closed|
Beecham House – A First Look
- Condor Season 2
- Nobunaga teacher’s young bride Season 2 / Nobunaga Sensei no Osanazuma 2
- Tachibana-kan to Lie Angle / Love to Lie Angle Season 2
- BoJack Horseman season 5
- The King’s Avatar Season 3 / Quan Zhi Gao Shou 3
- Harrow Season 4
- Houseki no Kuni / Land of the Lustrous season 2
- Gurazeni season 2
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels Season 2
- Adventure Time Season 11