Deciding to connect her life with biology, Mia goes to another city to enter the most prestigious university. With a wealth of knowledge in store, she quickly makes an impression on the college authorities, and then gets closer to power. But what is behind the mask of a noble student?
“Biohackers ss 2”: release date, announcement
With a high degree of probability, we can say that in August 2021 the continuation of the TV series “Biohackers” will appear. Now the price for knowledge will be even higher, because the accumulated skills for Mia will not be enough to defeat her enemies.
As a little girl, Mia lost her parents. Upon learning that a certain Tanja Lorenz was involved in this, who took DNA from the whole family on the eve of their death, Mia decided to get to her in any way. To do this, the girl had to take up biology, which bordered on insanity. Soon school life was behind and Mia entered a posh university at the Faculty of Biology.
Upon arrival, she meets her flatmates. Each of them makes a unique impression. One girl walks naked without a share of embarrassment, the second one easily uses the knowledge gained in the lessons to create a bionino – a piano that sounds when you touch various kinds of flowers. But this is just the beginning, because the fourth, craziest student lives with them.
The neighbor is completely capable of cutting his own body in order to implant a chip into himself, and then show it to his subscribers.The girls constantly scolded him for bloody experiments, he still continues to do it. Guys often use pills that a neighbor creates, and sometimes they have side effects. This is what biohacking looks like from the outside.
But Mia had no interest in the fun and carefree life of teenagers. The main event of the girl becomes something else. Her new teacher was the same Tanja Lorenz that biology enthusiasts wanted to attend and whom Mia believes was involved in her mother’s death. Lorenz did not accept learning from books, because she believed that the knowledge described in textbooks was an outdated idea of modern medicine.
Mia quickly understood what it was about and immediately showed that she can work with her own brains. Lorenz was impressed. Many gifted students worked for her, but Mia easily excelled. The girl’s brains were working to the fullest, and Tanja decided that Mia would work in her laboratory. Ahead, Mia and her new teacher were waiting for a number of discoveries that had nothing to do with biology…
Believing Lorenz to be responsible for the death of her parent, Mia wants revenge. But it’s not just to make it clear that the woman did wrong, but first to understand the reasons, and then, with all cruelty, begin revenge. Will a young student with huge ambitions be able to confront a woman who has specialized in biology for decades?
Actors and their roles
- Mia Akerlund – a young girl with extensive knowledge of biology; loves experiments; from childhood she was ready to become a biologist and face Lorenz, whom she wants to avenge the death of her parents; but she doesn’t know how to do it yet – Luna Wedler.
- Professor Tanja Lorenz – gifted biology teacher; makes students think with their heads and not rely on textbooks published even 3 years ago; immediately distinguishes Mia from the crowd of students and agrees to take her as an assistant; Lorenz takes a DNA test from absolutely all of her charges to compare with the rest of the samples; it gives Mia a big inconvenience – Jessica Schwarz.
- The TV series was filmed in Germany, so there was no need to create illusory wildlife. Many scenes were filmed in an open area and without additional lighting.
- Jessica Schwarz has an impressive filmography of over 50 films and TV series since 1970. As a young woman, she had already chosen an acting career for herself and over time she only moved forward. In 2020, 3 German films were released with her participation, and in all she takes the main roles.
- Viewers should understand that TV shows are partly science fiction, since fluorescent mice, musical plants and other things don’t really exist. This is shown in the TV series as an opportunity to explain to viewers what biohackers are actually doing, which few have heard of and have no idea about their activities.
- For Luna Wedler, the role of Mia Akerlund is very valuable. In her filmography, there are not many pictures in which she plays the main roles. Nevertheless, the girl got into the “Biohackers” TV series at the invitation of director Christian Ditter, to whom she had previously auditioned for a casting in another show.
Biohackers Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||August 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||August 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||August 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||August 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||August 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||August 2021|