Black Summer Season 2
The popular TV series “Z Nation” over the past 5 years has pleased the audience with its apocalyptic mood, but all good things end. Replaced by the spin-off “Black Summer”, which tells about the mother who lost her child at the very beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Mother goes on a difficult path that will help her reunite with her daughter.
When will the “Black Summer Season 2” be released?
Continuation of the series “Black Summer” will be held in April 2020. Unlike its predecessor, the “Z Nation” series, which was broadcast on SyFy, the “Black Summer” series will be shown on Netflix video hosting. All series of the season will be available for viewing in 1 day, which is an incomparable advantage that SyFy did not have.
Events begin to unfold at the moment when people again fall victim to a zombie attack. In an attempt to hide from the “devourers of human flesh,” people tried to find refuge. But not everyone was able to reach him alive. The US military has been ordered to remove healthy people from the site of infection to safer territory.
At this time, Rose and her family sought help from the military. Under the pretext of salvation, they put Rose’s daughter on the bus, and leave her mother to the will of fate. Heartbroken Rose promises herself that she will find her daughter by any available means and will not spare anyone who stands in the way of this meeting. Giving such an oath, Rose did not even presume that she condemns herself.
As a result, she became one of the participants in the group of survivors who are moving forward in search of a safe place to dwell. Rose’s goal remains the same, but there are so many obstacles in her path that the search for her daughter is constantly in the background. Saving lives, confrontation with zombie monsters, helping teammates – all this constantly pushes a woman away from the course.
The season 1 focuses on the worst period of the zombie apocalypse. In history, it is called “Black Summer”. In the season 2 of misadventures, Rose and her teams will not be finished, because the Earth is constantly in danger, and humanity is already on the verge of extinction. In this terrible period, people need support more than ever, but who can help in the battle for survival?
Although the creators announced that “Black Summer” would be the spin-off of “Z Nation”, they still tried to make the series separate. The oppressive atmosphere of danger emanating from all directions helps the survivors to grasp the problems of people who have remained to live in the lurch. There are no jokes or deep humor – pure thrash as it is.
Actors and their roles
- Rose – at the beginning of the series, her daughter was taken away by the military, and since then she, together with a group of people, is hoping to find a child; when it comes to searching for her daughter, Rose does not hesitate to use any measures, including the murder of her own kind – Jaime King.
- Spears – a member of the group in which Rose is located, often helps her in difficult situations, is almost always close by, Spears is benevolent, never in the wake of her emotions, considering pure reason to be the best adviser – Justin Chu Cary.
- Lance – one of the members of the group to which Rose joined, fearless, ready to do anything for the sake of his team, even to kill, in some moments it becomes very sentimental, but he tries not to show this trait to other people – Kelsey Flower.
- The series “Z Nation” lasted 5 seasons and went from 2014 to 2018 on SyFy. Unlike other pictures about zombies, there are also zombies – children, babies, animals, plants, which significantly gives the apocalypse chances of victory over humanity. In the TV series “Black Summer” about everything mentioned is told without exaggeration – only chilling horror.
- The filming process lasted from July to September 2018. The main places of dislocation served as a neighborhood in the south of the Canadian province of Alberta – Calgary. Some of the frames had to be filmed at Queen Elizabeth High School. Small settlements (Cochrane, Irricana, Beiseker) were involved only for a week, and at the end of September the team returned to Calgary.
- At the end of September, information leaked to the press that Jaime King was hospitalized right from the filming site due to injuries sustained on the set. The girl did not get out of bed for 3 days. Then she said that in the last minutes before the injury, the shooting was over and the actress was rushed to the hospital.
- The project was initially called “Black Sun”. In the TV series “Z Nation” Roberta Warren saw the black sun, which became the title to the series. A little later, it was decided to change it to “Black Summer” and make this period the most terrible in the life of mankind. In general, they thought about the title to the series even at the time of the end of the series “Z Nation”.
Black Summer Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||April 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||April 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||April 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||April 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||April 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||April 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||April 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||April 2020|