The TV show “Blindspotting” tells viewers about the events following the 2018 film of the same name. Now Ashley is forced to live with her son with the mother and sister of her beloved Miles, who was recently sent to prison. At first, they thought he would only be there for a month. But it soon became clear that Ashley would have to wait much longer…
“Blindspotting ss 2”: release date, announcement
There were many rumors around the project, but the exact facts were not known for a long time. The actors did not hide that they were ready to start filming the next season and were waiting for an official invitation to sign contracts.
Finally, it became known that the producers have started filming the season 2 of “Blindspotting”. The filming process was completed in April 2022, which means that the premiere is unlikely to take place before October 2022. We are waiting for official announcements.
Ashley and Miles have been together for many years. The hot-tempered character of the man and the calm temperament of the woman helped them go through many hardships, give birth to a child and love each other in joy and sorrow. Once again, the police took Miles out of the house, finding illegal drugs there. Frustrated, Ashley had to pull herself together and accept the situation. For the benefit of the family and its future.
On the first date with her lover outside the prison, Ashley had to solve everyday problems. Upon learning of Miles, the owner of the house in which they lived refused to do business with them and asked Ashley to move out. Not knowing where to go, the girl asks Miles for advice. He offers to live with his mother and sister, who live nearby.
Ashley agrees, but realizes how hard it will be for her among these people. Sister Trish hates her, and Rainey, her mother, behaves so strangely that Ashley even tries to spend less time at home. Finally, the court day arrives, which will decide on the number of days that Miles will have to spend in jail. The days are too many. In terms of a year, this is as much as 5 years.
Ashley becomes desperate. After all, she never told the child where his dad was. The relationship with Trish became dire. While occupying Miles’ room, Ashley found a box, and the first thing that caught her eye was a wedding ring. For all the years of their life, he never proposed to her, although he knew how important it was for her. After finding the ring, Ashley calls Miles to report her finding.
But before Ashley can say a word, Miles asks her not to open the box. The one in which she found the ring a couple of days ago. Disappointed, humiliated, offended, the girl continues to live in the house of strangers, who annoy her more and more every day. But along with unpleasant emotions, others come along.
Ashley realizes that the depraved Trish no longer hates her, Rainey’s strange actions no longer seem so, and her son easily tolerates the absence of his father when his grandmother and aunt are nearby. In the midst of a whirlpool of emotions, Ashley is forced to calm down and figure out her own future. After all, not everyone can stand to wait 5 years for a person who is not even your husband…
Actors and their roles
- Ashley — brings up a son; lives with his relatives after Miles is imprisoned; once there was a big fight between Trish and Ashley, but none of the girls wants to remember the past; talks about future relationships, but love for Miles prevents her from starting a new life — Jasmine Cephas Jones.
- Miles — lived happily with Ashley for several years; he wanted to propose to her, but he was very afraid of it, so he hid the ring in a box and left it in his mother’s house; he is quick-tempered, easily amenable to aggression, hates the police and sometimes loves to indulge in illegal drugs — Rafael Casal.
- Trish — Miles’s sister; walks around the house in vulgar outfits; considers herself a “mommy”, looks for girls and sends them to the bed of wealthy clients; hates Ashley, but at the same time protects her from the attacks of bandits — Jaylen Barron.
- In 2018, Rafael Casal played Miles for the first time in the film “Blindspotting”. In 2020, he returned to the role, but also acted as the director and producer of the project. The idea for the TV show came to Rafael when he realized the success of black shows.
- At the time of filming of the 1st season of the TV series, Jasmine Cephas Jones was infected with the coronavirus. Filming was suspended for 3 weeks. It turned out that more than 10 people from the set were also infected, but the disease was asymptomatic.
- During the first season, 114 people took part in the project, 44 of them behind the scenes. Half of the project staff have already worked on the 2018 film. Thanks to the efforts of Rafael Casal, it was possible to reassemble the previous lineup and add a bit of freshness through looks, costumes and furnishings. For filming, a location was chosen where only black people live.
Blindspotting Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||October 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||October 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||October 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||October 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||October 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||October 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||October 2022|