Boogiepop Doesn’t Laugh 2 / Boogiepop wa Warawanai 2
Boogiepop is a series of light novel. For the first time anime series was filmed in Japan back in 2000. And now, to the 20th anniversary of the Boogiepop franchise, viewers are provided with an excellent opportunity to meet again with forgotten characters. The basis for the “fresh” season of anime is taken from the 1st volume ranobe. What came out of it, the audience was able to evaluate on January 4, 2019 – on the day of the premiere of the first series.
The history of simultaneous struggle and the manifestation of tender feelings between the two main characters, the protector of the Earth, Boogiepop and the cannibal Manticore, which takes on the appearance of beautiful girls, are again ready to conquer the hearts of their admirers. What awaits them this time?
Genre – psychological drama, fantasy, horrors.
Number of episodes – 12.
Screenwriter – Tomohiro Suzuki.
When will the sequel to the anime series “Boogiepop Doesn’t Laugh 2” be released?
In one of his interviews, the director of the film “Boogiepop Doesn’t Laugh” Shingo Natsume shared his plans for the near future: if the picture receives high ratings and good responses from critics, the project may have a continuation, especially since 16 volumes were released and there is nothing to draw plot lines.
If Shingo Natsume everything goes, then the anime “Boogiepop Doesn’t Laugh 2” may appear on the screens on March 2020.
The whole world is gray and sad. This is exactly one of the heroes of the anime Moto Tonomura. A student of the Shinyo Academy cannot find its purpose in life, and, worst of all, the girl is ready to accept death from an unknown person. Surrounding people and girlfriends-classmates Moto does not understand, and only an unexpected love in Saotomi Masam allows her to look at the world with different eyes. But the inexplicable happens – the guy disappears without a trace …
This is how the anime predecessor begins, but what will the directors offer the viewer this time?
About anime 2019
The picture tells the story through the eyes of different characters, and only at the end of the season the viewer has the opportunity to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and understand everything …
An unexpected collision with a luminous pillar of light, the emergence of people from nowhere, the sudden discovery of their supernormal abilities (for example, seeing flowers on a person’s heart) only make one conclusion: there is an evil spirit in the world – Boogiepop , which “frees people from pain”.
What is the main purpose of the mysterious spirit of death, if a huge number of people believe in it and about which city bikes go for several years? The continuation of the confusing and mystical story await viewers in the season 2…
- Boogiepop – the mysterious spirit of death, appearing unexpectedly from a light cloud, everyone fears it and legends about it, considers itself a reaper of souls, killing the enemies of humanity, wears a black cloak and hat like a magician’s.
- Dr. Asukai – a young guy, sees the souls of people in the form of flowers, while he doesn’t know what he has, he does not understand his purpose on Earth before meeting a girl who only he sees.
- and etc.
- The main idea of creating the anime of the year 2000 is a performance in a dark brown color palette, which ultimately looks like a photo with a sepia effect. So, even daytime paint looks faded and dull, muted. This was done for many reasons: from the genre (mystic) to the fact that against the background of darkness and darkness, pillars of bright light playing an important role in the anime seem more dramatic and dazzling. From this idea, it was decided to abandon, and in the “fresh” anime viewers will not see the dullness and boring. But the bright drawing of the series will be filled with a huge number of spectacular scenes.
- The first anime series released on screens in 2000 tells the story of the main characters 1 month after the events described in the novel “Boogiepop and Others”. A new picture will not be a complete analog of the previous one, but there will be an interlacing of plots.
- The author of the ranobe is Kouhei Kadono, who in 1997, for his brainchild “Boogiepop”, took the 1st place in the nomination “Best game novels,” according to the Japanese publishing house Media Works Dengeki.
Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||March 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||March 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||March 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||March 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||March 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||March 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||March 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||March 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||March 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||March 2020|