Britannia Season 2
In 43 AD, the Roman Empire had the weakness of imagining itself as the main conquerors. Aulus Plautius was sent to the British lands along with his many thousands of troops. But the British people were not going to give up. People who lived in the Celtic territories, decided to declare a fight to uninvited guests and to use their most terrible weapon – the magic of the earth.
When will the series “Britannia Season 2” be released?
The continuation of the historical drama “Britannia” will be held on November 7, 2019. Amazon Prime TV channel rarely produces such serials, but the rating of the series was very successful. The success of the film made the creators start shooting next season faster than planned.
Read about the continuation of the series here “Britannia Season 3“.
In the distant past, people often fought for territory. Rome waged the most fierce battles in order to increase its possessions. Emperor Claudius decided to send his best commander-in-chief Aulus Plautius to a distant journey so that he could expand the expanses of Rome.
Stepping on the British lands, Aulus faced the first problem – many members of the Roman army refused to go to Britain. The reason was the witchcraft of a foreign land. The fear of men to move forward forced Aulus to resort to cruel measures, after which the campaign was held.
But it was not so easy to conquer foreign lands. Queen Antedia in the most rude form asked Plautius to leave the territory and when no agreement was reached, both sides were forced to start military operations. Violence, cruelty, a lot of bloody scenes fill the series, the air is charged with magic.
On the side of the Antedia is the princess Kerra and the druids, whose magic power surpasses any other peoples of the world. The source of the Druids’ strength is the land on which they live. The completely new format of the vision of magic makes viewers reconsider each series.
Actors and their roles
- Aulus Plautius – antagonist, commander of the Roman army, confidently goes to his goal, without pity for enemies, often uses his position, is cruel to his own people – David Morrissey.
- Kerra – the Celtic princess, opposed to Aulus, supports the Antedia for the sake of preserving the integrity and British lands – Kelly Reilly.
- Queen Antedia is an adult, capricious, proud woman with an unusual appearance, a British ruler on whose side Kerra and the druids are Zoe Wanamaker.
- Shooting of 1 and 2 seasons took place on the British Isles. The nature in each series more and more amazes the viewer with its beauty.
- The director of the series was the famous Luke Watson. It was he who helped to create the series “Midsomer Murders”, “Hustle”, “Shameless”, “Spotless”.
- In part, the series is based on real events, but there are many inconsistencies with historical data. The picture is considered artistic with elements of magic.
2 season of the series “Britain” has the highest rating of expectations for 2018 on the site Rotten Tomatoes. This is understandable – the first season was watched by more than 30 million people.
- The show is broadcast on Amazon Prime since October 2017. Each series has a duration of 55 minutes. It is already officially known that Amazon Prime has signed a contract with the film studio for 3 seasons ahead.
- For the main roles, with the exception of David Morrissey, whose participation was not even discussed, the unknown actors were selected specifically. The creators of the series did not want the artists who will be shot in the series, compared with their previous roles.
Britannia Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||November 7, 2019|
|2x02||Series 2||November 14, 2019|
|2x03||Series 3||November 21, 2019|
|2x04||Series 4||November 28, 2019|
|2x05||Series 5||December 5, 2019|
|2x06||Series 6||December 12, 2019|
|2x07||Series 7||December 19, 2019|
|2x08||Series 8||December 26, 2019|
|2x09||Series 9||January 2, 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||January 9, 2020|