“Call of the Night” is not a typical vampire story, and many readers of the manga of the same name and viewers of the anime adaptation would agree. Kotoyama, the author of the manga offers the reader his vision of life and the principles of bloodsuckers: it turns out that the transformation into a vampire occurs after the bitten one falls in love with his biter. But how can we force ourselves to love someone?..
Genre: Supernatural Romantic Comedy.
Season 1 premiered on July 8, 2022.
Original anime name: “Yofukashi no Uta”.
“Call of the Night ss 2”: release date, announcement
The season 1 of the series “Call of the Night” was highly appreciated by the audience: from the visual picture, ending with the development of the storyline. There is enough non-triviality in the anime, there is also a lot of cuteness and romanticism. The few negative reviews are lost in the background of a large number of fans of this story, who are looking forward to continuing.
What do we know about the season 2 of the anime “Call of the Night”? Officially, the series has not yet been renewed, but the high ratings of the released season cannot go unnoticed. Critics are confident that new episodes will come out, especially considering that manga volumes keep coming out. It is too early to talk about the release date of the season 2 of the anime now, but, most likely, the premiere of new episodes will take place no earlier than July 2023.
Ko is an ordinary teenager. He goes to school, has excellent academic performance in all subjects, obeys his parents. But every day he becomes more and more alone. Ko, having received a love letter from a classmate, could not reciprocate, for which he received a rude reprimand and the additional conviction that he does not have romantic feelings for anyone at all.
The night does not bring relief: instead of sleeping and resting, Ko is faced with a dangerous problem — insomnia. There is no point in lying on the bed and waiting for the dawn. On another sleepless night, Ko decides to carefully and as quietly as possible go outside. Walking through the city at night at 14 is a great experience for a teenager. Or can he afford to buy a beer and feel like an adult already?
A chance encounter with a strange girl named Nazuna turns the guy’s world upside down. She turns out to be a vampire who tasted Ko’s blood the first night they met. But the guy was not only not afraid of this — he also wanted to become a vampire. However, this requires only one condition: to fall in love with Nazuna…
- Ko Yamori — 14 year old boy; diligent student, but dissatisfied with his life; decides to take a night walk for the first time without warning his parents; meets the cute vampire Nazuna, after which his life changes dramatically.
- Nazuna Nanakusa — vampire girl; admits to Ko that drinking human blood is both food and merging with this person, comparable to making love; becomes Ko’s “guide” to the mysterious night world; helps a new friend find freedom and become truly happy.
- The anime is based on the manga of the same name by the author Kotoyama, who released his first manga titled “Dagashi Kashi” in the romantic comedy genre in 2014, which received high ratings and positive reviews from readers and critics.
- The “Call of the Night” manga was first published in the Japanese magazine Shōnen Sunday Comics in August 2019. On June 17, 2022, the 11th volume of the manga was released.
- The director of the series was Tomoyuki Itamura, who has a good experience in creating anime. He made his debut in 2007 with the anime “Goodbye, Mr. Despair” (“Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei”), where Itamura directed several episodes. He acted as the main director in such popular anime as “The Case Study of Vanitas“, “Monogatari”, “Koyomimonogatari” and others.
Call of the Night Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|