Chernobyl Season 2
How many rumors are circulating around the tragedy at the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and how many of them are implausible facts? This question has been tormenting the whole world for over 30 years. Meanwhile, HBO has decided to launch its own version of these events. Each of the fate of the main characters is confirmed evidence of how the explosion occurred, who was responsible and how it turned out for the population of Pripyat.
When will the “Chernobyl Season 2” series be released?
Continuation of the historical picture “Chernobyl” is not announced. Representatives of the channel HBO said they planned to remove the mini-series, which will be the most plausible picture in history. But did they succeed in doing this – only real researchers and former residents of the city in which the disaster occurred could decide.
The premiere was held on May 6, 2019 in the UK. The creation of the television network engaged in Sky with HBO. The head of the project is Craig Mazin.
Against the background of a peaceful life, when people were engaged in daily activities, the beginning of the great tragedy is alternately described. At all times, heroes are required and there were quite a few of those, because to save the lives of innocent people and children during these times was a great honor, even if for the sake of this you have to sacrifice your own life and give everything you have.
The series “Chernobyl” focuses on the personalities who played the main roles in the accident, as well as in its prevention. Men, women – many of them were ready to help at the most desperate moment in history. Now everyone knows that if it were not for the people who sacrificed themselves, a catastrophe could have spread to the whole world.
The scale of the accident was enormous – the 4th power unit was destroyed, which was located close to Pripyat. The reactor was completely blown up, and radioactive elements, which turned humanity into walking corpses, broke free. Those who were nearby at this time, faster than the rest, parted lives.
People were affected by the greatest doses of radiation — all the workers at the Chernobyl disaster were victims, but not all of them died immediately. The accident caused thousands of deaths and it was impossible to escape from this. Relatives watched how their relatives “rot alive” and could not help. Even the banal presence next to the irradiated person threatened inevitable death.
Pregnant wives were not allowed to husbands who worked at the power station, children were not allowed to visit mothers who received a huge dose of radiation. The country suffered. The situation in the surrounding areas was no better – constant evacuations, the birth of mutating babies with a third leg, a cleft lip, and so on.
The series opens the veil of secrecy, makes it possible with our own eyes to see what we have just heard about for so many years. The fate of the people, unresolved government issues regarding the closure of the radar station, which was built as the main building of the missile defense system for the Soviet Union. Drama, mystery and terrible contradictions – when viewed, everything crawls out…
Actors and their roles
- Valery Legasov – an chemist, he was repeatedly awarded the Medal of the Hero of the Soviet Union. He is considered to be a controversial person in history, on his account most of the decisions taken to eliminate the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear disaster – Jared Harris.
- Boris Shcherbina – Head of the Government Commission, took direct part in the evacuation of the inhabitants of Pripyat – Stellan Skarsgard.
- Vasily Ignatenko – liquidator of the accident at the nuclear power plant, served as commander of the fire station in Pripyat – Adam Nagaitis.
- Lyudmilla Ignatenko – Vasily’s wife, actress – Jessie Buckley.
- Leonid Toptunov – worked 30 kilometers from Pripyat, but nevertheless he was irradiated with his colleagues, received a huge dose of radiation – Robert Emms.
- Director of the project appointed Johan Renck, whose work is known throughout the world. The series “Breaking Bad” and “The Walking Dead” was engaged in it. At the same time, the last picture is still broadcasting and already has a continuation in the form of the series “Fear the Walking Dead” which tells about similar events that occurred in one period of time.
- Craig Mazin, who was previously mentioned in the article as the creator of the painting, also acted as a screenwriter. He has a lot of projects, including the comedy “The Hangover-2”.
- The filming process of the series started in the spring of 2018 and lasted extremely long for a picture of this magnitude. The main site was chosen Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant, which is located in Lithuania. Since they tried to make the series credible, they chose the Nuclear Power Plant that is more similar to the Chernobyl one. Only some scenes were shot in the capital of Ukraine.
- Robert Emms even cried at the end of filming – he was so sorry for the heroes and destinies who were broken by the accident. The tragic fate of his hero forced to plunge into this story and learn the maximum about the tragedy. Emms expressed sincere sympathy to people in such a situation, in particular Leonid Toptunov, who is no longer alive at the present time.
Chernobyl Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
Chernobyl (2019) | Official Trailer | HBO
- Fate / Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel II. Lost Butterfly
- Cloak and Dagger Season 3
- Chernobyl Season 2
- Somali and the Forest Spirit Season 2
- Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 2
- BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense Season 2
- NOS4A2 Season 3
- The Mandalorian Season 3
- Kabukichou Sherlock Season 2
- The Bold Type Season 3