Life in a family of wizards is not an easy task, especially when you are a teenager and do not want to treat the magic world with all respect. Sabrina Spellman has exactly this situation – the girl does not want to be led by the magicians and loves her “ordinary” friends very much. Only she still does not know that she will fail to combine the magic and simple worlds. We’ll have to choose – sooner or later.
When will the series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3” be released?
The third season of the fantasy drama series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” was announced for the spring of 2021. Like the previous two seasons, Season 3 was planned to be divided into 2 parts: the first part was to be released in the spring of 2021, and the second one in the fall of 2021. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, in July 2020, the project management officially announced the closure of the TV show.
The series is an adaptation of the comic book of the same name. In the period from 1996 to 2003, the TV series “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” was broadcast, which also took off from the comics.
Sabrina is a 16-year-old girl, only her abilities are different from simple ones. She, like the others of Grindale’s children, attends school, is friends with certain people and is deeply in love with her boyfriend. Sabrina also has to think about fast christening, which should be held by wizards – The Dark Lord arranges this rite.
After such christening, the girl will have to say goodbye forever to her friends and former life. Love also goes to the background – only the service of The Dark Lord, training in a magical college and a full farewell to life among ordinary people. But Sabrina is not ready to make such a cardinal step, because the girl values her connections with her friends very much.
On the eve of Halloween, Sabrina reaches the 16th anniversary. It is time to make important decisions, but the girl does not want to tie her bonds with the magical world. And how can we decide when her two aunts also have peculiar views on this state of affairs.
Hilda loves various potions and tries to teach Sabrina to use it. After she baptized a niece in the Catholic Church, she was expelled from the Church of Night. Zelda, on the contrary, is ready to do anything that pleases the Lord. In such chaos, Sabrina grows, but over the years she increasingly understands that she does not want to be like the second aunt.
Sabrina throws all the strength to find a solution – after all, there must be a way out of this situation. Her boyfriend Harvey and her friend Roz won’t understand if Sabrina just disappears from their lives. Maybe the girl will tell the truth to close people and will fight with the Lord side by side with friends?
Actors and their roles
- Sabrina Spellman – only half as a witch, but forced to study at the Ministry of the Invisible Arts, crazy about Harvey, friends with Roz, did not quit regular school and now literally breaks into 2 worlds – Kiernan Shipka.
- Hilda Spellman – one of Sabrina’s relatives, is involved in potions, was expelled from the Church of Night for inappropriate behavior – Hilda baptized her niece, which by the standards of the Church of Night is an unforgivable offense – Lucy Davis.
- Zelda Spellman – a brutal and domineering aunt of Sabrina, the woman gave a huge share of her life to serving The Dark Lord and tries to convince all her relatives of this, Zelda loves relatives, but does not know how to communicate with them, sometimes it seems that she doesn’t care about everything – Miranda Otto.
- Roz Walker – Sabrina’s closest friend, but not the only one who doesn’t own magic, but she is able to recognize it thanks to the ancient curse that fell on her family, Roz’s father is the city’s minister – Jaz Sinclair.
- Harvey Kinkle – a hereditary witch hunter, although he himself didn’t suspect this for some time, this creates certain difficulties for Sabrina, but the girl carefully hides her origin – Ross Lynch.
- In fact, Kiernan Shipka is more adult than her character. At the time of the release of season 3, the actress will be 20 years old. Only a skillful make-up allows the girl to look much younger than it actually is.
- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa acts as a screenwriter in each episode. Many viewers and readers know Roberto for the works for Marvel Comics – more than one comic was released from the pen of Aguirre-Sacasa. The man puts the soul in his characters, so they look so alive and easily remembered by the audience.
- Kiernan Shipka is very afraid of otherworldly forces, so participation in the series of this kind is a real breakthrough for the girl. At the end of season 1, when Sabrina was conducting a seance session with her mother, the walls trembled – Kiernan was so frightened that she didn’t understand the silly joke arranged by her colleagues.
- Miranda Otto and Lucy Davis were chosen to their roles very carefully. A large number of actors were revised to the characters of Zelda and Hilda. In the end, all agreed on the opinion that the actresses are similar to each other, like sisters. During the filming, the women became very close friends and sometimes they even spoiled the pastries brought by their younger colleagues on the stage.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||the project is closed|
|3x02||Series 2||the project is closed|
|3x03||Series 3||the project is closed|
|3x04||Series 4||the project is closed|
|3x05||Series 5||the project is closed|
|3x06||Series 6||the project is closed|
|3x07||Series 7||the project is closed|
|3x08||Series 8||the project is closed|