Jake Wheeler is withdrawn and has long been accustomed to keeping his thoughts to himself. His only hobby is the creation of a human-sized mannequin, whose surface will consist of doll heads. One day in the market he buys an adorable doll named Chucky, which he later brings home. It turns out that the toy is able to come to life, talk, and also commit terrible murders…
“Chucky ss 2”: release date, announcement
Judging by the huge number of views of the season 1 of the TV show “Chucky”, new episodes are just around the corner. Official sources confirm this: the creators of the project announced that the sequel to the horror television series will premiere on October 5, 2022!
Many years ago, a story about a killer doll appeared. People still believe that the doll really comes to life and attacks those it meets on the way. Buying another toy at the sale, Jake had no idea about these rumors. He just wanted to rip off the doll’s head and use it for his sculpture. The guy could not even think that he had bought himself a worst enemy.
Deciding to rip off the doll’s head, Jake failed. For a while, forgetting about Chucky, he plunges into everyday life, where classmates openly laugh at him, and he himself suffers from unrequited love. The object of his passion is classmate Devon Evans — a calm, judicious master of creating podcasts on social issues.
Jake’s first terrifying experience is gutting a frog in biology class. On that day, the guy had to take the doll with him to class. The teacher gave the assignment to dissect an amphibian, but as soon as Jake turned his back, someone gutted the frog in a strange way. This was done so brutally that the classmates and the teacher were shocked.
Further it gets worse. After the scandal with his father, who could not accept his homosexual orientation and his son’s strange hobbies, Jake closes himself in the room. Then terrible things happen. Chucky decides to get rid of the man. The doll makes him step into the liquid with wet feet, and then plunges the bare wires into it. Jake is left an orphan and moves into the house of his uncle, aunt and unloved brother.
Here, Chucky stops hiding altogether and threatens with reprisal everything that comes across on the way. But Jake also realizes that it is necessary to neutralize this monster. While the boy is looking for answers to his questions, the doll finds new victims, including not only people, but also animals. What will the main character do and where will the fight against such a cold-blooded killer lead him?..
Actors and their roles
- Chucky — a medium sized doll with a cute face and red hair; sometimes turns into an evil monster, which, without a twinge of conscience, kills people in cold blood; was bought at a sale, from where he stole the murder weapon — Brad Dourif.
- Jake — a young guy; unrequitedly in love and unconfident; bought a doll for creativity, but it turned out that it kills people; lost a cat, then his father, later became a witness to the vile deeds that Chucky commits — Zackary Arthur.
- Lexy — a local bully; fancies herself a beauty queen; makes fun of Jake and everyone she doesn’t like; enjoys a high position in society; intimidates teachers with her parents; at the beginning of the series is in a relationship with Junior — Alyvia Alyn Lind.
- Devon — an African American boy; discreet, smart, considers it important to cover social issues and speaks about it in his podcasts; tries to find contact with Jake, who is being bullied at school, but he does not want to be the subject of another bullying issue — Björgvin Arnarson.
- Junior — Jake’s successful cousin; looking at Junior, Mr. Wheeler hated his own son; Junior was not happy when his brother began to live with him in the same house, but in the end they were able to overcome the differences — Teo Briones.
- As in previous films about the killer doll, Don Mancini again became the director and screenwriter of the TV project. Since 1988, he has been involved in all projects related to Chucky. Mancini is one of the few openly gay slasher writers. According to the chronology of events, the TV series of 2021 is the eighth about the Chucky doll.
- Filming for the TV show was originally scheduled for fall 2020, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, the production process was not started on time. As a result, work began only in the spring of 2021 and lasted almost 5 months, until August of the same year. The main locations for filming were selected in Toronto (Canada).
- Don Mancini initially voiced his reluctance to create Chucky using computer graphics. Therefore, especially for the project, a large doll was created, the movement of which required the work of 6 puppeteers at the same time.
- During the first week of the show, it was watched by over 4.4 million viewers, making “Chucky” one of the highest-rated new products of 2021.
Chucky Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 5, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||October 12, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||October 19, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||October 26, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||November 2, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||November 9, 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||November 16, 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||November 23, 2022|