Boston. 1990s. Crime is not surprising among local residents, because it is on every corner. Even law enforcement officers adhere to the bandit rules. Jackie Rohr is a policeman who, more than 10 years ago, neutralized the largest criminal group in the city with his comrades. He is used to acting by his own rules, when suddenly DeCourcy Ward gets a job as a assistant district attorney in the court apparatus…
“City on a Hill ss 3”: release date, announcement
The sequel to the crime drama “City on a Hill” is not yet planned, but the creators of the picture Ben Affleck and Matt Damon do not give up. They are waiting for Showtime to approve new episodes.
Most likely, season 3 of the show will not appear until March 2022. A more exact date will become known after the creators announce the start of filming.
From childhood, DeCourcy Ward hated everything related to the court. And his father, who worked there, is to blame. Coming home, Mr. Ward beat his son so hard that he once knocked out his eye. Since then, DeCourcy has worn an eye prosthesis, but few people know about it. Over time, he has to choose his own path and fate makes the choice for him – DeCourcy gets into the court apparatus.
His immediate plans are to run for mayor of Boston, but this requires perseverance and work. With a strong sense of justice, Ward tries to play his game, but quickly realizes that he cannot win the war alone. Each member of the court has been bought long ago, he is being blackmailed or he is acting out of personal motives.
DeCourcy loses a simple case against a guy who shot a cop. And Jackie Rohr, for whom the defendant turned out to be an important informant, is to blame. Rohr set things up so that the cop changed his testimony and Ward was left with nothing but to obey the judge’s order. A rich sweetheart didn’t help DeCourcy either, and then he decided to play differently.
Ward decides to strike a deal with Rohr. DeCourcy invites Jackie to solve the case of a gang robbing cash-in-transit vehicles. According to the prosecutor, this will help both revive the glory of Rohr, which surrounded him during the last successful capture of the criminal group. Ward will also receive its own career advancement.
This is how their uneasy relationship begins. The prosecutor started a game with a serious opponent – Rohr had seen too much to be used. Ward will have to independently get out of the heap of problems into which his unlucky partner will drag. But the policeman will also have to find his own escape routes.
What started as an innocent deal has grown into a real war. By the beginning of Season 3, dozens of people are drawn into it, and each has its own motive to take one side or the other. Will DeCourcy achieve his goal? Or will Rohr destroy him without waiting for the outcome of the deal?
Actors and their roles
- DeCourcy Ward – African American, often oppressed by whites; in childhood he lost an eye after being beaten by his father; lives with a wealthy African American woman; tries to get into mayor of Boston, but so far works in the apparatus of the court as an assistant district attorney; sees a rival in the person of Rohr and eventually offers him a win-win deal – Aldis Hodge.
- Jackie Rohr – a corrupt cop who defends his informants from court at any cost, even a shot at a police officer can save an informant from justice; a decade ago, he covered up a criminal gang and still enjoys great authority among his colleagues; vindictive; cheats on his wife, with whom the relationship went wrong for a long time – Kevin Bacon.
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon grew up in Boston and know very well how things were in the city. The general discussion of the events of the past days gave them an impetus to tell the audience in what conditions they grew up, what they saw and how the issues with the police were resolved. It is not for nothing that both still have a dislike for law enforcement officers.
- Filming for season 2 coincided with Ben Affleck’s work in the “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” film. His participation on the set was important, so the work of the show “City on a Hill” was largely followed by Matt Damon. The guys have been friends for more than a dozen years and only recently decided to work together.
- Aldis Hodge has repeatedly said that in real life he did not feel oppressed by whites. He was always comfortable in America. The actor also admitted that he does not like to act in films where they talk about racial superiority. However, this is his job.
City on a Hill Sesaon 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||March 2022|
|3x02||Series 2||March 2022|
|3x03||Series 3||March 2022|
|3x04||Series 4||March 2022|
|3x05||Series 5||March 2022|
|3x06||Series 6||March 2022|
|3x07||Series 7||March 2022|
|3x08||Series 8||March 2022|