Cobra Kai Season 2
34 years after the infamous knockout, Johnny Lawrence is on the verge between alcoholism and normal life. To ensure a worthy future, he lights up the idea of opening the famous dojo “Cobra Kai”. Now he has only to fulfill his plans.
When will the series “Cobra Kai Season 2” be released?
The continuation of the series “Cobra Kai” is expected in the summer of 2019. In an interview with director John Harvitz, it became known that work on season 2 will begin immediately after the end of the first.
Burning his life, Johnny Lawrence does not notice how the best years of his existence pass. The man constantly uses alcohol and gets drunk to unconsciousness. Once again waking up on the floor and in a drunken intoxication, he realizes that this can not continue like this.
He decides to change his life and do everything possible to preserve the remnants of pride and continue a dignified existence. It comes up to him to re-open the dojo “Cobra Kai”. In attempts to implement the plan, fate brings him with his old enemy, Daniel LaRusso.
In the tournament, which is still in Johnny’s memory, a knockout was received from Daniel, the instructor of which was the famous teacher Mr. Miyagi. It was sensei that helped LaRusso to find peace in his soul, which influenced the future fate of the man.
Now he is a successful auto business, as well as a loving husband and father. In his life everything is fine and he tries to bring this harmony into his environment. Unexpectedly for both, there is a clash of interests and it becomes completely unclear – which of them can come out victorious.
On the way at Lawrence there will be many unpleasant moments that will prevent him from realizing his plans. But a man is not so simple and ready to achieve his goal. Will it be for the irreconcilable enemies to find a compromise? Will the years be destroyed by hatred?
Actors and their roles
- Daniel LaRusso – successful businessman with an excellent track record, a good family man, tries to live in peace with others – Ralph Macchio.
- Johnny Lawrence – suffers from alcoholism, but understands his problem, and to get out of the binge finds himself a passion in the form of opening a karate school “Cobra Kai” – William Zabka.
- The series is the sequel to the movie “The Karate Kid”, released in 1984. Then most of the airtime was given to Daniel. The boy moved with his mother to a new town where Johnny Lawrence and his company began to harass him. Daniel found himself a teacher in karate Mr. Miyagi, who, in a bizarre form, explained to the guy the basics of the fight. In the same year, in karate competitions, Daniel knocked out Johnny. The series is currently being developed in the city of Los Angeles, 34 years after the events of the film. Now the main villain is LaRusso.
- The directors of the first season were John Karwitz and Hayden Schlossberg. The screenwriter of the series was Josh Hill.
- Unlike the film, the series “Cobra Kai” has comic elements. This approach was created for an easier perception of the picture.
- Reviews on the site Rotten tomatoes in one voice say that the audience is eagerly awaiting the release of the series, because it has long dreamed of exactly this sequel. Negative feedback is simply absent.
Cobra Kai Season 2 release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||summer of 2019|
|2x02||Series 2||summer of 2019|
|2x03||Series 3||summer of 2019|
|2x04||Series 4||summer of 2019|
|2x05||Series 5||summer of 2019|
|2x06||Series 6||summer of 2019|
|2x07||Series 7||summer of 2019|
|2x08||Series 8||summer of 2019|
|2x09||Series 9||summer of 2019|
|2x10||Series 10||summer of 2019|