Much has passed since Daniel LaRusso beat Johnny Lawrence of the “Cobra Kai” martial arts club in a karate tournament. Almost 30 years later, Johnny has not achieved anything, despising his coach, who forced him to use a forbidden trick against Daniel. It was only recently that Johnny realized that in order to move on, he needed to have the resilience of a fighter and not succumb to circumstances.
“Cobra Kai ss 5”: release date, announcement
The first two seasons of the TV series “Cobra Kai” were well received by the audience. And then there was fan outrage, which was quite understandable and logical: they delayed the release of Season 3 so much that some fans lost interest in the project. However, rehabilitation on the part of the creators of the picture came immediately. As a result, in 2021, 2 seasons were released at once: the third and the fourth. What news is known about the continuation of the TV show?
The exact date of the premiere of the new episodes is unknown. But film critics are sure not only that the project will not be closed after the season 4, but also that new episodes will be released at the end of 2022. We continue to follow the news.
Lawrence is annoyed by any mention of LaRusso. Daniel opened several car showrooms in the United States and is now very popular. Ads with his image are everywhere – this especially drives Johnny crazy. Going to his next job, Lawrence meets a new neighbor. The young guy’s name is Miguel and he recently moved here.
Many unpleasant surprises await Johnny’s life in the coming days. First, he is fired, then, in front of Miguel, he gets into a fight near a grocery convenience store, he is taken to the police, then a car with three young girls crashes into his car, and a tow truck is called to take his car to LaRusso’s office. And… After a series of failures, he meets Daniel, whom they have not seen for a long time.
Daniel is doing well. He is cheerful, not discouraged, brings up children and successfully conducts business. Both have not been involved in karate for a long time, but they retain unpleasant memories of that ill-fated day when they had to fight. Circumstances are developing against Johnny – being fired from his last job, he lost his livelihood, and now he cannot pay for the repair of the car that was brought to Daniel.
Johnny decides to found his own dojo “Cobra Kai”. In his memories, he again returns to the moment where, as a teenager, he was persecuted by the coach, who was unable to understand why the guy was happy with the second place. The anger at him was so strong that the guy left the dojo and went down a different path. Many years later, he managed to understand that the fault lies with the coach dissatisfied with his own ambitions.
Miguel becomes the main face of “Cobra Kai” – the same good-natured neighbor who decided to study with Johnny. By the end of Season 1, he is in a relationship with the daughter of LaRusso, which none of the adults like. The son of Lawrence hates his parent so much that he goes to train with LaRusso, who has not even opened his school by that time.
Time has passed. Both have their own karate schools, but the nature of their upbringing is very different. The confrontation ends when John Kreese appears – the very coach who ruined Lawrence’s career and became the real reason for his retirement from the sport. What are the ways to help LaRusso and Johnny unite in the face of an impending threat? And do they realize what danger their charges are in?..
Actors and their roles
- Johnny Lawrence — has not been involved in martial arts for many years, but after a series of failures, he seriously thought about his mission; tries to improve relations with his son, in whose upbringing he did not take any part, but the boy is adamant and prefers to study with LaRusso; meets enemies from the past, but cannot deal with them alone — William Zabka.
- Daniel LaRusso — successful owner of car showrooms; kind, decent, later opens his own karate school, where he continues to teach children according to the principle of Mr. Miyagi, who taught Daniel at one time; does not want enmity with Johnny, but in order not to tolerate his oppression, he is forced to accept the challenge again; he is approached by the son of Johnny with a request to teach him how to fight — Ralph Macchio.
- Sam — the obstinate daughter of LaRusso; Miguel’s object of desire; for a long time there was a misunderstanding between the teenagers, which prevented them from being together, and the enmity of close people complicated everything; at the beginning of the series, she and her friends drove into Johnny’s car — Mary Mauser.
- The place of executive producer is taken by the beloved actor Will Smith.
- The series is based on the 1984 film “Karate Kid”. The main roles, including the role of John Kreese, are played by the same characters.
- In October 2020, based on the series, the video game “Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues” was released, created for the PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch game consoles. Also in March 2021, a similar game was released for iOS and Android mobile devices.
Cobra Kai Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|