XVIII century. Prostitute Camille and her fiancé Viscount de Valmont decide to spend the rest of their lives together. Circumstances turn out to be stronger, and then an abyss of misunderstanding begins to separate them, dividing the couple on opposite sides of the conflict. Only the passage of time will help them understand how strong their love is, but for now we will follow the breathtaking events that tell about the incomprehensible secrets of other people’s hearts…
“Dangerous Liaisons ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the period drama “Dangerous Liaisons” has already been officially announced. This became known even before the release of the season 1. The creators of the project seemed to know that success awaited them: the ratings of the released season reached 6.7 points.
The exact release date for the new episodes of “Dangerous Liaisons” has not yet been announced, but according to some sources, the premiere will take place in November 2023. We are waiting for official news.
The life of the main character is not easy. For 4 years now, Camille has been working for Madame Jericho, the owner of a brothel, who forces her to lie down under men and fulfill their every whim. The corner she lives in gives her at least a roof over her head. No matter how much she works, the girl constantly does not have enough to live on, and the employer threatens to bring her familiar clients who can do terrible things to Camille.
She has to extricate herself with all sorts of tricks, but the money is still not enough. All actions lead to the fact that Camille gets into big debts to Madame Jericho, and in relations with Viscount de Valmont she finds solace, because they are united by the desire to run away and give up everything. The guy offers Camille to marry him and leave the unloved home. Without thinking twice, she agrees, but then a scandal breaks out between them.
On their last date, Camille accidentally finds a message from an unknown madam. The lines read indicate that between Viscount and the Marquise Geneviève de Merteuil there has long been an intimacy. De Valmont tries to explain that these words mean nothing to him, but Camille does not believe. After lengthy persuasion, he manages to persuade the girl to the truth that is beneficial to him.
Kosar Ali, Camille’s maid, is against this relationship. Before taking a desperate step, she manages to steal records from other deceived groupies, and when Viscount doesn’t show up under the bridge where the meeting was scheduled, she relays everything to Camille. Having escaped from her only home, Camille goes to Geneviève de Merteuil and demands that she teach her how to be a real lady and help her master the etiquette.
A little later, Viscount de Valmont runs to the agreed place, who, with the help of another seductress, managed to get finances that would be enough to leave. Camille was no longer under the bridge, and at her work he was told that it was better for the girl not to return here. Meanwhile, Geneviève refuses Camille’s offer, but Camille threatens to make the letters public. Since the Marquise is married, she does not need such gossip, and she understands that she is forced to teach Camille.
Camille and de Valmont will meet more than once, but not as commoners from the slums, but as aristocrats who managed to get into the aristocratic circle through blackmail, threats and flattery…
Actors and their roles
- Camille — makes a living with her body; considers herself entitled to be among the elite, but due to a financial lack she could not afford it; relations with the Viscount pushed her to sabotage, so when he did not come to the meeting and thereby deprived her of the opportunity to quit unwanted activities, she went to his admirer to get a chance for a normal existence — Alice Englert.
- Geneviève de Merteuil — an aged lady, kind, smart, provided at the expense of her husband, who is often on the road; is in a relationship with de Valmont, who repeats to her that she is his only woman; becomes a victim of intimidation when it turns out that the Viscount kept everything that she wrote to him — Lesley Manville.
- Viscount de Valmont — a ladies’ man whose relationships with wealthy adult marquises brought him good dividends; in love with Camille, for a meeting to which he was late and eventually lost her grace; like his beloved, he wants to get rich and move only in influential circles of society — Nicholas Denton.
- The TV show is based on the 1782 novel of the same name by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos.
- Since 1959, there have been several attempts to film the characters of the book on the screen. The most popular were the paintings of 1959 and 1988. The 1988 film starred Glenn Close, John Malkovich, Michelle Pfeiffer, Uma Thurman, Keanu Reeves and others.
- In 2022, Netflix released a teen drama with the same name. Pictures can be distinguished by the release date and by the channel on which the broadcast is carried out.
- Filming of the TV show took place in the Czech Republic from May to August 2021.
- Project writer Harriet Warner, who also acted as showrunner and executive producer in the film, admitted in an interview that season 1 is a prelude to the main story. She also said that she hoped for several seasons.
Dangerous Liaisons Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||November 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||November 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||November 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||November 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||November 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||November 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||November 2023|