Dead to Me Season 2
One person – one personal drama. On this principle, the relationship is built characters of the series “Dead to Me”. Acquainted with Jen, Judy did not expect what this friendship will turn into. The acquaintance was unexpected – the girls saw each other at a meeting organized by the leaders of a support group created specifically for people who survived the death of a loved one…
When will the series “Dead to Me Season 2” be released?
The continuation of the comedy drama “Dead for Me” is scheduled for release on May 8, 2020 on Netflix. From the first series it was not clear to which genre the picture could be attributed. It seemed that the series would stop at a comedy, but when the first strands of secrets began to unravel, it became clear that the audience was awaited by the deepest drama.
The premiere show of the season 1 took place on May 3, 2019. At about the same time, it was announced that the picture had been extended to the second one, because in one season it was impossible to reveal the entire sequence of events that the authors wanted to show.
Behind both heroines have a difficult fate. Jen’s husband said goodbye to life as a result of the accident – he was not lucky, as a passing car knocked him down. Judy has a slightly different situation. At first, it is known from the words of a woman that her husband had a heart attack.
Having made friends on the basis of the same grief, women continue to communicate outside the support group. At first they simply chatted for hours on the phone. The talks concerned not only the death of close people, but also other pressing problems. In a short time, women have become more than friends. They felt like literally sisters, who managed to reunite after many years of separation.
Following the phone conversations went for a walk. One of these walks was a hike to the beach, where the girls decided to “smoke up” without hesitation. It would seem that the ladies found solace in each other, but in the end it turns out that Judy is not entirely honest with his newly made friend. The lie of the young lady is that her husband is alive and well. Just why Judy is hiding this fact from Jen is incomprehensible.
Judy’s husband is not bad himself, and even reminds the star of show business – he is so good-looking. It would seem, why hide her husband from a friend? Why pretend to be pathetic, lost? But soon truth comes to light. So disappointing that you have to gather all your strength into a fist to withstand the pressure.
Next season will continue to develop the storyline, and the main characters will have new problems that will be directly related to the events of the previous season. How will Judy surprise us? And what secrets does a quiet and calm Jen hide from her friend? In general – is there a female friendship in this series or does it not exist?
Actors and their roles
- Jen – an inconsolable widow who came to the support group for having lost their loved ones; she met Judy, immediately discerned in her native soul; Jen is vulnerable, sincerely worried and misses her husband, who was hit by a car; the girl with pleasure reveals her secret thoughts in conversations with Judy, tries to be good-natured and frank in front of her – Christina Applegate.
- Judy – came to the support group, where Jen goes, and said that her husband had suffered a heart attack, but almost at the very beginning it becomes clear that Judy’s husband is fine, he is alive and well and is not planning to die yet, it becomes the center narration of events related to the season 1 – Linda Cardellini.
- The series “Dead to Me” from Netflix gives the viewer a chance to learn about a new concept that has been developing rapidly in recent years in the film industry. It has long been announced that the case will not be limited to one season, and judging by the ratings, the season 2 will not be the last. The interest caused by Judy’s husband’s unexpected health did not subside until the end of the 1st season.
- The author of the project is Liz Feldman, known for the comedy series “2 Broke Girls”. The series revealed the interesting side of the restaurant business.
- For Feldman, it was a big surprise that Christina Applegate was very excited about the show. Christina did not just catch fire, she almost immediately asked to act as a producer, whose place at that time was still empty. Liz agreed to give Applegate a place and never regretted it! In season 2, Christina will also remain in the role of Jen and in the producer’s place.
- Linda Cardellini, like her on-screen heroine, reacted more modestly to the proposal to participate in the project. She got one of the main roles, which is quite arranged for her. Linda sometimes notices that in real life has the same character traits that Jen – Cardellini is calm, reasonable, rarely falls into despair and does not know how to put up with thoughts about the loss of loved ones.
Dead to Me Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||May 8, 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||May 15, 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||May 22, 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||May 29, 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||June 5, 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||June 12, 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||June 19, 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||June 26, 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||July 3, 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||July 10, 2020|