It’s been 10 years since Dexter hid from enemies. Wanting to continue to remain free, he gives his only child to be raised by his ex-girlfriend Hannah McKay. The years passed. Living in the town of Iron Lake, Dexter has long learned to react to another name. He works in a small gun shop and never breaks the law. But everything changes when the main character meets his son…
“Dexter: New Blood ss 2”: release date, announcement
After first considering a sequel to “Dexter”, the creators hoped to emulate the success of the first TV show, released in 2006. But they could not even imagine that the rating of the project “Dexter: New Blood” on IMDb will be 9.1 points, while its predecessor collected 8.6 points. Despite these numbers, even before the premiere of the season 1 of “Dexter: New Blood” the producers were talking about the fact that it will be a limited TV project, consisting of 10 episodes. But we do know of cases where limited series has been extended for a season 2. Therefore, we are waiting for information and hope to see new episodes in a year — in the fall of 2022.
This small town near New York is the perfect place to hide from prying eyes. Having decided to calmly enjoy life, Dexter does not hunt for new killers, but simply lives day after day. He is building a relationship with Angela. The woman works in the police, brings up a daughter and is often busy, which does not bother her boyfriend in the least. On the contrary, he has a lot of time for himself.
One day the local rebel Matt comes to the gun shop. He demands to sell him a weapon, and Dexter has to use all his communication skills to clearly explain to the guy that such a gun needs FBI permission. After a couple of days, Matt manages to get a gun and he decides to go hunting. Upon learning that the guy was guilty of the deaths of people on the boat, Dexter felt a thirst for blood again and realized that he would return to his former activities.
At the same time, the main character begins to feel that someone is watching him. One day he finds a boy in his house who followed him. Harrison says he is his son. However, Dexter realizes that the boy will not be safe here.
Dexter asks the guy to leave, because he does not have a normal life next to his father. A frustrated Harrison leaves, and his father begins to plot to kill Matt. When the case is over, Dexter realizes what a terrible mistake he made. Realizing that life without a son seems impossible to him, he returns the boy and decides to keep it, but without disclosing the details.
Convinced that all the people close to him are dying, Dexter is ready to save his son thousands of times, if only he remains close. And not far from them, another father yearns, whose son Matt just disappeared without a trace and now no one can find him… Did the main character know that he had made a monstrous enemy for himself? And what are Harrison’s chances of a normal life in this godforsaken place?
Actors and their roles
- Dexter — Former Miami Police Officer; in an attempt to escape from enemies, he changed his name and moved to a small northern town with a cold climate; talks to his dead sister, who asks him not to let people get close; he hunted for a deer with a gun, aimed, but did not shoot, because according to his own code he has no right to kill innocent people or animals — Michael C. Hall.
- Harrison — Dexter’s son by Rita’s first and only wife; as a child, he witnessed the death of his mother, who was killed by the enemy of his father; for a long time he lived with Hannah, a friend of his dad, but in the end he decided to find a parent and understand the reason why he was abandoned; now lives with his father — Jack Alcott.
- Angela — works for the local police; for a long time investigated the case of Matt, who was a participant in the accident, as a result of which a person died; it worried her, but there was no evidence to put the major behind bars; kind and sympathetic, has problems communicating with her daughter — Julia Jones.
- Debra — appears as the inner voice of her brother; was injured 10 years ago, after which she was connected to life support devices without the possibility of getting out of a coma; in order not to leave her in this position, Dexter released her into the open sea on his boat — Jennifer Carpenter.
- During the filming of the TV series “Dexter,” Michael C. Hall and his on-screen sister Jennifer Carpenter developed a relationship. As a result, the actors got married, but filed for divorce in 2011. Keeping good relations among themselves, they easily agreed to joint participation in the project “Dexter: New Blood”.
- Julia Jones has given modeling work for many years, but she is often called in TV shows and films. Almost all the roles in her filmography were given to her without casting. Julia’s most memorable portrayal is her role as Leah Clearwater in the film series “The Twilight Saga”.
- Filming for the TV show “Dexter: New Blood” started in February 2021, as there should have been a lot of snow in the frame. The main locations for nature filming were selected in the state of Massachusetts. Indoor filming was created in the summer and then edited with previously filmed footage. The production process lasted 50 days.
Dexter: New Blood Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||November 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||November 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||November 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||November 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||November 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||November 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||November 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||November 2022|
|2x09||Series 9||November 2022|
|2x10||Series 10||November 2022|