Christopher Duntsch has a successful career as a surgeon. Many patients believed that they owed him their lives, but sometimes light operations ended fatally. Determined to find out what is the reason for the blatant incompetence, his colleagues Randall Kirby and Robert Henderson begin their own investigation.
There are many cases of killer doctors in history that can be filmed next season, but will the creators want to do it?
“Dr. Death ss 2”: release date, announcement
The season 2 of the crime drama “Dr. Death” has been officially announced! Filming for the new episodes began in the summer of 2022. According to unofficial sources, their premiere is scheduled for the fall of 2023. There is no more precise information yet.
With ambition, confidence and a desire to make a name for himself to the whole world, Christopher Duntsch begins to engage in neurosurgery – the most complex of the branches of medicine. Successful operations allow him to take an honorable place in the Medical Society. Only in the hospital where he works, around every corner, colleagues whisper about his failures.
The more operations remain behind the doctor’s back, the clearer are the traces of his negligence. Doctors Kirby and Henderson decide to investigate how true the rumors are. The first person interviewed by the doctors is clinic worker Josh Baker, who has assisted Duntsch with surgery on several occasions.
He tells how he tried to draw attention to the mistakes of the surgeon, which ultimately drove Duntsch to a rage. The surgeon was confident in his own righteousness and hated to be talked to during the work. In the end, Josh decided it was none of his business.
The operated patients began to complain of various pains. One day, a simple operation ended with Duntsch deliberately crushing Madeline Beyer’s vertebrae, although a completely different procedure was required. This led to paralysis and further operations. Determined in no way to go back to Duntsch, Madeline pleaded for a transfer to another doctor.
After this incident, Christopher was suspended from work and charged with negligence. Dodgy, Duntsch has managed to escape justice several times, but the help of his ex-girlfriend and colleague Kim Morgan proved invaluable to the police. Lawsuits, conviction of innocence and dozens of crippled lives – that’s all Duntsch will remember behind bars.
The first season fully showed the fate of a bad doctor, from the very beginning it was clear who the antagonist was, and soon the motives became clear. Who will be the next hero of the picture? And will the creators decide to release the next season?
Actors and their roles
- Christopher Duntsch – a professional neurosurgeon with awards for excellence in medicine; communicates well with patients, inspiring confidence, then performs surgeries, after which they are crippled or even die on the operating table – Joshua Jackson.
- Randall Kirby – Works in the Department of Neurosurgery; talkative, quick-tempered, ready for decisive action; he has been friends with Robert for many years, with him Randall decided to bring Duntsch to the truth; appeared in court against a former colleague – Christian Slater.
- Robert Henderson – drew attention to Christopher only after many crippled lives; considers himself guilty for not taking any measures on time; trying to find out the truth from the former employer of Christopher and his current employees – Alec Baldwin.
- Josh Baker – neurosurgeon’s assistant, preparing the operating room for work; attentive to his duties; tried to draw attention to Christopher’s mistakes, but due to indecision kept silent, which led to several deaths and crippled lives – Hubert Point-Du Jour.
- Madeline Beyer – one of the victims of the surgeon; fell for his charm, but when she realized who she was dealing with, Madeline refused his services; remained paralyzed for life after surgery – Maryann Plunkett.
- Joshua Jackson was one of the guest stars for the “Batman Begins” movie casting. They say Jackson went through several stages, and then accepted an offer to participate in another project. Meanwhile, another actor, Christian Bale, successfully completed all stages and landed the lead role in the film.
- Alec Baldwin has been suffering from borreliosis, a joint disease, for several years, so it is rarely seen in films and TV shows. Moreover, he has a large family with whom he spends time. Throughout his family life, the actor had 7 children, and not so long ago a daughter was born from a surrogate mother.
- A newly renovated department at the Dallas Neurosurgical Hospital was used as one of the filming locations. Doctors were unhappy with the fact that the whole wing of the building was given for the filming of the picture, because their priority is to treat people, and not to entertain them. Filming at the hospital lasted 2 weeks.
Dr. Death Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|