Dr. Stone Season 2
The unusual plot of the anime “Dr. Stone” has attracted a lot of attention not only from the audience, but also from critics who foreshadow a runaway success for the project. Civilization is on the verge of extinction, and its fate is in the hands of the young genius and his friends …
Genre – adventure, science fiction.
Number of episodes – 24.
Anime premiered on July 5, 2019 at Tokyo MX.
When will the anime “Dr. Stone Season 2” be released?
Despite the fact that the “Dr. Stone” manga is printed not so long ago (since 2017), fans are increasing exponentially around the world. The director of the film Shinya Iino assured the fans that the series will be of high quality and exciting. If the audience appreciates his work, then “Dr. Stone Season 2” will be released on the screens in early 2021.
Life went on as usual. The typical student Taiju Oki finally decided to confess his love to the charming and sweet girl Yuzuriha Ogawa. On the school grounds, under a huge tree, they stood so close together. Taiju was about to admit, but the incredible happened. The Earth is blinded by a bright light that makes the whole civilization disappear – each person is imprisoned in a stone shell…
October 5, 5738. Since that terrible day, when horror covered the entire globe, much time has passed. But only the elect can free themselves from stone captivity. Among them is the young genius Senku Ishigami, who has been trying to find the Stone Formula for several months. His goal is to bring humanity back to life. And now, his best friend Taiju joins Senku, who is trying with all his might to help the genius. All that Taiju wants is to save his beloved, who once did not have time to say important words…
Adventures of young friends in the world of stone statues are just beginning. Ahead – tough rivalry with dangerous and very strong enemies. They need to unite, because the only way to defeat the attack of humanity…
Anime main characters
- Senku Ishigami – a gifted and very intelligent guy, adores science, is strong in many of its fields; in a short time can invent any tool or gadget; he was the first to free himself from the fossil and began to create a Formula for the destruction of the stone shell into which people are sharpened; its main goal is to revive civilization and create the Kingdom of Science; the guy is self-confident and is considered the clear leader among friends; Senku’s favorite expression is “Ten Billion Percent”.
- Taiju Oki – Senku’s best friend, is secretly in love with Yuzuriha; Taiju is a very determined, sociable and incredibly tough guy; after he is released from a stone incarceration, decides to save his beloved at all costs; helps Senku in creating the Formula.
- Yuzuriha Ogawa – a cheerful and kind-hearted girl in love with Taiju; on the day when the guy decided to confess his feelings to her, all life on Earth turned into stone, including her.
- Tsukasa Shishio – one of the main characters of the anime; his goal is to destroy the adult population, all the technologies and live in a new world; the guy believes that it was adults and technology that made the world evil; Tsukasa is a rather evil character, cautious in his actions, but at the same time he can be kind and polite; Tsukasa is physically very strong, he is a great fighter and hunter.
- The manga of the same name was released on March 6, 2017 in the Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine published by Shueisha.
- In 2019, “Dr. Stone” won the Shogakukan Manga Award in the syonen category. The award is one of Japan’s top manga awards and has been awarded annually since 1955. Its sponsor is Shogakukan Publishing.
- The name of the character Senku is translated from Japanese as “Thousand Sky” (“sen” means “thousand”, “ku” means “sky”), and Ishigami means “Stone God” (“ishi” is “stone”, and “kami” is “God”).
- The name Taiju from Japanese is translated as “Big Tree” (“tai” is “big”, “ju” – “tree”). Interestingly, the name of the character Oki is also translated as “Big Tree” (“o” is “big”, “ki” is “tree”).
Dr. Stone Season 2: Release Date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||early 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||early 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||early 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||early 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||early 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||early 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||early 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||early 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||early 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||early 2021|
Top 10 Anticipated Anime of Summer 2019