Dublin Murders Season 2
The corpse of a 12-year-old girl was found in Dublin Forest. To investigate the murder, local police decide to invite successful detective Rob Reilly and his partner Cassie Maddox. For Rob, this crime is of particular importance, because as a little boy, he himself got lost in this forest. Then his friends were lost, and he was found covered in blood and without memory…
When will the series Dublin Murders Season 2 be released?
The sequel to the detective series Dublin Murders will appear on BBC One in October 2020. Heart-breaking projects are the main value of BBC One, so viewers expect even more drama and exciting moments from season 2.
Dozens of years have passed, and Rob still does not remember what happened on that unfortunate day and where his friends disappeared. Upon learning of the murder of the girl, he decided to personally deal with this matter, but Cassie could not support his impulses. She asked Rob to give the case to someone who would not be so interested in the investigation. But Rob was literally obsessed with finding the killer and could no longer stop.
At work on Rob and Cassie, colleagues were constantly joking, dreaming of soon seeing a young couple together, but the guys are just good friends. While the rest are wondering about their relationship, Rob and Cassie are going through hard times – their friendship is being questioned, as killing the girl has disconnected their union. And now each of them remains in their own opinion.
In addition to one corpse, it soon becomes known that children are beginning to disappear throughout Dublin. Dozens of years ago a similar situation was already happening. In this case, Rob is the only child who then survived. Cassie insists that he and Rob hand the case over to other detectives. But without reaching an answer, she continues to work with a partner.
As a result, this murder is fatal for both. The killer is able to look into the most secret corners of their consciousness, and the mental state of Cassie and Rob every day becomes more and more precarious. But the further they plunge into this abyss of madness, the more they realize that this is a case that only they can open. No one else can solve this riddle!
The guys learn terrible facts not only about each other, but also about themselves, which casts doubt on their strong friendship. The killer has so confused his partners that he is about to be able to escape from their traps. What will win – faith in the good or the past? Who will help Cassie and Rob cope with their fears, remember the past and forever declassify the creepy killer?
Actors and their roles
- Rob Reilly – a Dublin police detective, recently opened a murder case against a man, after which he was cordially greeted in his own office; Rob immediately received a new mission to kill children; he decided to deal with case with Cassie and did not want to change his partner; they were eventually drawn into a huge killer conspiracy – Killian Scott.
- Cassie Maddox – Rob’s partner, doesn’t have the most prestigious reputation among colleagues who are wondering why a successful detective like Rob works with Cassie; she often hears rumors about her affair with Rob; Cassie is serious about any business – Sarah Greene.
- The series is based on the novel of the Irish writer Tana French, which every year publishes more and more books, which have already become bestsellers. The first season is based on In the Woods and slowly moves on to the second novel, The Likeness. Both works have received many literary awards.
- For Killian Scott, the role of Rob was very desirable, since he had long sought to play a real detective, capable of revealing serious matters. Previously, the actor starred in the films “The Commuter” and “Calvary”, which are very popular with the public. The same can be said about the series “Dublin Murders”, the plot of which is developed to the smallest detail.
- Many viewers remember the actress Sarah Greene in the film “Penny Dreadful”, after which the name Sarah Greene became famous around the world.
- The series has very high ratings, and critics compare it only with “True Detective”, since which not a single such a serial film has been released yet. The intricate plot, the detailed elaboration of the characters of the heroes and the endless belief that the culprit will nevertheless be found, do their job.
- In life, Killian Scott and Sarah Greene practically do not communicate, but on the set they try to communicate more so as not to lose touch in the frame. Sarah asks the actor about childhood, and he is increasingly interested in her relationship with her relatives, who have been living away from each other for several years.
Dublin Murders Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 2020|
|2x02||Series 2||October 2020|
|2x03||Series 3||October 2020|
|2x04||Series 4||October 2020|
|2x05||Series 5||October 2020|
|2x06||Series 6||October 2020|
|2x07||Series 7||October 2020|
|2x08||Series 8||October 2020|
|2x09||Series 9||October 2020|
|2x10||Series 10||October 2020|