Emily in Paris Season 2
Cherishing the dream of being in Paris, Emily receives an offer from an employer. The city of dreams, romance and all that – so at first the girl thought, but the trials that fell on her were able to return her to reality. Nobody here cares about her American soul, because prim French are not ready to be her friend at the first call…
“Emily in Paris ss 2”: release date, announcement
According to some reports, the filming process may begin at the end of 2020 in the French capital, and end after the New Year holidays. Show director Andrew Fleming said this in an interview, adding that these are still plans.
The exact release date is not announced – there are too many unknowns. It is planned that the continuation of the “Emily in Paris” project will appear in the fall of 2021.
Flying to beautiful Paris instead of one of her colleagues and part-time friend, Emily feels wonderful. At first, she is not afraid of either the modest housing, which by French standards belongs to servants, or the absence of a lover next to her. She is very optimistic about getting to work, and soon Emily decides to visit her workplace.
Colleagues turn out to be extremely nasty. Moreover, the head of the department is trying in every possible way to turn the team against the optimistic American woman. Although Emily does not show her face, this state of affairs is depressing to her. Her boyfriend still cannot fly to her, Emily cannot make friends here, and her only colleague cannot help her cope with the team.
Every day, Emily slowly begins to lose her optimism, but there is nothing to do – she needs to work for the good of the company that sent her here. Deciding to focus on work and improve her emotional state, the girl herself does not understand how she is drawn into the maelstrom of events. A dramatic change is taking place when it comes to her boyfriend back in Chicago.
Emily makes her first acquaintances in Paris. At first it seems that there is nothing special about them, but later the girl already calls these people friends. The neighbor who lives below her on the floor turns out to be a very good interlocutor, to whom she is more and more drawn. Such a girl will not be left without fans anywhere, especially in such a romantic city.
Her hashtag “emilyinparis” is gaining more and more popularity, even though Emily is not doing anything special. She only takes pictures of everything that she likes, and writes everything that she thinks. Changes are coming that will bring new emotions to the life of the newly-made Parisian woman. But how will Emily react to such innovations? Will she be happy with her own life or will she return to Chicago?
The girl’s mood fluctuates and she often changes her mind. Nothing can be done when you are all alone in a different country. Emily doesn’t want to say goodbye to her positive attitude. The mood slowly leaves her, and life throws her another batch of difficulties…
Actors and their roles
- Emily – a romantic young girl; runs well and a lot; sent to Paris, where colleagues are trying in every possible way to send her back; wants to work while the others are sitting around, constantly taking breaks and thinking only about their personal life; Emily has a boyfriend in Chicago and is waiting for him in Paris – Lily Collins.
- Sylvie – Emily’s leader; often smokes, is rude to the girl, depriving her of her mood with endless reproaches; prefers to take a drag on a cigarette rather than work; dreams of sending a girl home so that she does not bother her with the desire to work – Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu.
- Doug – Emily’s boyfriend; stayed in Chicago, but promised to come; considers virtual sex a norm, but at the same time he thinks only about his own pleasure – Roe Hartrampf.
- The filming process was initially planned in Chicago, but when the question of landscapes arose, they decided to move the action to the center of Paris. The apartment in which Emily lived in the story was rented in the city center. The rest of the visiting members of the film crew from America also lived in it. In total, 16 people lived in the apartment.
- In the evenings, the entire film crew gathered in cafes, where the shooting took place during the day. The atmosphere of the French capital was indescribable. When it was time to leave, the film crew arranged a whole send-off, promising to come to the shooting of the season 2.
- The season 2 is planned to be filmed in Paris, although most of the airtime will now be taken up by American landscapes. The plot has not yet been disclosed, but most likely Emily will come back to Chicago, from where she will have to deal with work issues.
- Peter Lauer, known for his iconic works, was invited as a director. TV series “Scrubs”, “Young Sheldon”, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” were filmed under his direction. Zoe Cassavetes, who specializes in melodrama, came to the aid of the main director Andrew Fleming.
Emily in Paris Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||October 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||October 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||October 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||October 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||October 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||October 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||October 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||October 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||October 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||October 2021|