From a young age, Kate Mularkey and Tully Hart considered each other best friends. With an impressive baggage of shared memories behind them, they go through life together. But is it so easy to be friends when you are connected not only by pleasant moments? How long will such a friendship last and what can it lead to?
“Firefly Lane ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the multi-part drama “Firefly Lane” was not originally planned, since the season has logically ended and does not carry the prerequisites for the next episodes. However, the new season may well take place. And that’s why.
Recall that the TV show is an adaptation of the novel of the same name by the writer Kristin Hannah. It is known that in 2013 the 2nd book titled “Fly Away” was published. This is a continuation of the story of the young friends, but most of the story is devoted to Tully and her difficult relationship with her mother. The novel also tells the story of Kate’s 16-year-old daughter, whose life is also filled with difficult events.
p.s. p.s. Filming of the new episodes of the TV show “Firefly Lane” started in August 2021 and ended only in April 2022. Officially announced that the season 2 will be shown in 2 parts of 8 episodes. The part 1 will be released on December 2, 2022, the part 2 on June 8, 2023!
The TV series is about two girls. Tully Hart lived with her grandmother from early childhood. An extravagant mother rarely devoted time to her daughter, and when she came, the child, without hesitation, rushed into her arms. Once, taking Tully to her place, the negligent mother forgot the girl at the rally. Knowing only the address of the grandmother, the police brought the baby to her house.
As an adult, Tully no longer wanted to leave her grandmother, but her mother forced her. The girl had to obey. After moving to Firefly Lane, Tully soon met Kate and her ideal family. The new friend had a wonderful mother, father and brother. And at Tully’s house at this time everything was the same: her mother brought different people home, drove around in a truck with hippie symbols and was not ashamed of the disorder in the house.
Tully cooked for herself, cleaned, washed, and when Kate came to visit her, she said that her mother had cancer. It was difficult for the girl to admit to her friend that her mother was behaving disgustingly because she herself chose this path. Only when Mrs. Mularkey pressed on Tully, the girl decided to confess her lies to Kate.
Once a schoolboy gave Tully a drink and took her to the forest, where he forced her to be intimate. The girl was against these actions, but strong alcoholic intoxication did not give her the strength to resist. Realizing that she took alcohol of her own free will, and also went with him into the forest on her own, Tully decides not to report it to the police. She only cries to her best friend about a terrible event.
Soon after the incident, the guy decides to tell everyone that the girl is easily accessible. Tully was furious. Trying to run him over in her mother’s truck, she realizes that even his death will not bring her relief. In the future, Tully tries to prevent anything like this. Thanks to the efforts and parting words of Kate’s mother, Tully becomes a journalist, not forgetting about her friend.
The years have not been kind to their relationship. Throughout their lives, there were many conflicts between them, but love for each other and long-term friendship helped them walk this path together. Only when disagreements began between the women, Kate realized that she did not want to understand her friend, and Tully fought with all her might for friendship. Tully’s death was the beginning of the end. For both women.
Actors and their roles
- Kate Mularkey – calm, reasonable, secretive, recently experienced a divorce from a man with whom she was infinitely in love at the beginning of her career; is in a difficult relationship with her daughter; works as an editor; closely monitoring her appearance, but to no avail – Sarah Chalke / Roan Curtis.
- Tully Hart – a successful TV presenter who has achieved success thanks to her disruptive nature; did not like to think about her mother; considered her friend Kate the closest person; rich; never wanted relationships with men, using them at once; an ambulance worker became the last man in her life – Katherine Heigl / Ali Skovbye.
- Johnny Ryan – Tully’s first employer and then Kate, in the future her husband; worked as a military doctor; believes that news should be serious and has difficulty making its way into the world; started from the bottom and was able to break out into the people – Ben Lawson.
- Max – Tully’s last love interest; the woman loved to be next to him, but was embarrassed by the desire to rebuild the relationship into something more; works in the ambulance – Jon Ecker.
- Ben Lawson looked surprisingly young when filming the beginning of his character’s career. The actor himself was surprised by the talent of the make-up artist, who successfully turned him into a young man. In fact, at the time of filming Ben was 41 years old and in the final scenes he already looked his age.
- The filming of the two girlfriends’ youth actually took place on Firefly Lane.
- Jon Ecker came to the casting to take on the role of Johnny, but he was turned down. Two months later, the casting director of the show “Firefly Lane” called him back and offered to play Max. The actor did not languish with the answer, since at that moment he was not loaded with projects. Jon became friends with Katherine Heigl and spent a lot of time with her rehearsing scenes.
- The TV series is based on the book of the same name by the writer Kristin Hannah. In 2008, the book was published and readers enthusiastically swallowed the novel. At the same time, the idea of a film adaptation appeared, which eventually became successful.
Firefly Lane Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||December 2, 2022|
|2x02||Series 2||December 2, 2022|
|2x03||Series 3||December 2, 2022|
|2x04||Series 4||December 2, 2022|
|2x05||Series 5||December 2, 2022|
|2x06||Series 6||December 2, 2022|
|2x07||Series 7||December 2, 2022|
|2x08||Series 8||December 2, 2022|
|2x09||Series 9||December 2, 2022|