The political thriller “Gaslit” tells the story of Martha Mitchell, who wanted a better life for American citizens. Realizing that her voice was endowed with power, Marta repeatedly passed valuable information to journalists. The Watergate scandal went down in history after Richard Nixon resigned, and Martha played one of the important roles in this…
“Gaslit ss 2”: release date, announcement
The TV series “Gaslit” is based on the Slow Burn narrative podcast produced by Slate Plus. Season 1 of the podcast focuses on the Watergate scandal, while the season 2 focuses on the impeachment of Bill Clinton. The third one focused on rapper Tupac’s latest conflict. At the moment, 5 seasons have been released, and the podcast does not end there.
The continuation of the biographical drama “Gaslit” has not been officially announced, but the project has every chance of being renewed for a season 2. The season 1 showed excellent ratings. And if new episodes are filmed, then, logically, this story will be dedicated to Bill Clinton and his entourage. We look forward to the return of the TV show in the spring of 2023 — this is the expected time for the premiere.
When American citizens are asked “Who is John Mitchell?” they answer “Martha Mitchell’s husband.” Moreover, no one knows about the merits of the Attorney General, but his wife is especially popular among Americans. Women, men listen to her, children adore her. Trying to focus on the truth, Martha wants to convey it to the people by all means.
Unlike his wife, John holds different views. Years of work in a responsible position made themselves felt: there were also unpleasant moments that he did not want to remember even years later. John was categorically against his wife giving interviews, which he does not approve of. John liked the rebellious disposition of his wife, going against everything, but lately it had bothered him very much.
Martha invited home journalists from print publications whose audience was housewives. She shared her opinions about housekeeping, and sometimes told her husband’s secrets that no one should know about. Because of Martha’s unwillingness to hide her husband’s secrets from the public, John did not talk at home about work matters. Sometimes documents accidentally left at home fell into the hands of Mrs. Mitchell and soon ended up with journalists.
While ordinary people knew everything about Martha’s personal life and followed her every move, the elite and politicians despised the woman. At parties, Martha sat at a distance from the president’s wife, who did not even want to look in her direction.
One day, Martha saw John read the records of telephone conversations, which were specially typed for him, before going to bed. This could mean that the husband is doing terrible, heinous things for the sake of President Nixon, who wants to stay in power longer. Realizing that this will become a public shock and destroy her marriage, Martha still tells reporters about what she saw. The implausibility of her words and the statements of relatives about her problems with alcohol make Martha’s fans doubt her stories …
The Watergate scandal, in which President Richard Nixon was found to be eavesdropping on rival plans, became the most popular political stunt in American history. But few people know how the story of the Mitchell family ended, how John’s life turned out after the scandal, and where Martha remained to live out her life…
Actors and their roles
- John N. Mitchell — served as Attorney General under President Richard Nixon; managed a whole network of spies who installed bugs in places where this was not allowed; loved power more than family, so he arranged so that Martha ended up in a psychiatric clinic; rude, resourceful, believes that any means are good to achieve the goal — Sean Penn.
- Martha Mitchell — using her husband’s position in society, she tries to convey the truth to people; tells everything that she manages to find out, even when she realizes that journalists partly misinterpret her words; for many years she was known as a public figure; supported disadvantaged segments of the population; did not understand Nixon’s rule, which was marked by the deaths of American soldiers — Julia Roberts.
- To apply makeup, Sean Penn had to arrive on set 4 hours before filming began. Julia Roberts needed 1.5-2 hours for hair and makeup.
- Sean Penn and Julia Roberts have not previously met on the set of the same project, but at different times both starred in the cult TV series “Friends”, as well as in the TV show “Twentieth Century Fox: The Blockbuster Years”. They have known each other since 1995, when Madonna, Sean’s former crush, introduced them at a party.
- The project was directed by Matt Ross, known for his work on the TV series “Silicon Valley”, “Rose Red”, “Third Watch”, “Bones”, “American Horror Story” and the films “Captain Fantastic”, “The Aviator”, “Twelve Monkeys”, “Face/Off” and “Last Holiday”.
- Julia Roberts’ fee for the season 1 exceeded 500 thousand dollars. In the same amount, the producers appreciated the work of her colleague.
Gaslit Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|