Gleipnir Season 2
What if real monsters live among us? We know them as people: neighbors, friends, relatives, but they are endowed with the ability to turn into SOMETHING. How many secrets does our planet contain? We know only a small fraction of the truth. And if it’s better not to know the truth?..
Genre – action, fantasy, romantic comedy.
The age limit is 18+.
The premiere of the 1st season was held on April 5, 2020.
When will the sequel to the anime “Gleipnir Season 2” be released?
The viewer, who initially got acquainted with the story thanks to the manga, and then saw the anime adaptation, could notice one fact. The series, as often happens, could not fully convey the artistic style and the depth of emotions that the author laid down in the book version. Despite this, the anime received its portion of good reviews and, most likely, the sequel will be released. Season 2 has not yet been officially announced, but it can be assumed that it takes about 1 year to create one season. Thus, we expect the premiere of the series “Gleipnir Season 2” in April-May 2021.
No one believed Clair Aoki, who claimed that monsters lived among humans. After the terrible death of her parents and the disappearance of her sister, she became isolated in herself. No one believed her. All that she had was a gold coin, the purpose of which the girl did not know. Clair understood that a coin could help her find answers to her main questions.
Shuichi Kagaya grew up an ordinary boy until one day he turned into a monster. Outwardly it was a dog costume. After the transformation, the guy gained incredible strength, dexterity, as well as the sense of smell of the animal. And on ordinary days, the guy had a nose like a dog. Where did he get this ability from? Or maybe it’s a curse? There are many questions. But Shuichi decided for himself: never under any circumstances to show others who he really is.
But the day came when Shuichi broke his promise. After that, his life began anew. Together with Clair, the guy begins the search for her sister. Throughout this path, Shuichi will rethink a lot, change his worldview and attitude towards himself as a monster. The answers to his questions are very close…
- Shuichi Kagaya – high school student; has a wonderful sense of smell, is able to hear the smell at a great distance; periodically turns into a monster, while the guy does not understand where he got such abilities from and why this monster lives in him; after the transformation, Shuichi finds himself inside the dog’s costume, in which his movements are constrained and clumsy; at the same time, he has an incredible strength that can break a brick wall, as well as dexterity, endurance, the sense of smell is amplified at times; the suit has a zipper on the back; the one who enters the suit is “united” with Shuichi.
- Clair Aoki – a student of the school; tried to commit suicide, but Kagaya saved her by pulling her out of a burning building; Clair quickly realized the situation and discovered the secret of the savior; began to manipulate and blackmail him; 2 years younger than Kagay, although she looks older than her years; lives alone in an apartment; it seems crazy and disgusting, has not a bit of shyness – can change clothes in front of a guy; looking for her sister Elena, so she asks Shuichi to help her in the search.
- Elena Aoki – older sister of Clair; like Shuichi is able to turn into a monster; it is she who is involved in the fact that Shuichi is endowed with abilities; being a monster, she killed her family, after which she disappeared without a trace; has feelings for Shuichi, so next to him she is shy; emotionally unstable; committed a large number of killings, which makes her the most dangerous of the monsters; despite the “blackness” of her thoughts and actions, she still has bright feelings for her sister.
- The director of the anime adaptation is Kazuhiro Yoneda. He has worked with projects such as “Kabuki-bu!”, “I’ve Had Enough of Being a Magical Girl”, “Food Wars!“, “Yona of the Dawn”, etc.
- Many fans of manga and anime adaptations wondered about the name of the series. “Gleipnir” in Germanic-Scandinavian mythology means a magic chain by which a group of gods led by Odin bound a huge wolf. A similar chain connects the main characters of the anime Clair and Shuichi, who turns into a monster dog.
Gleipnir Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||April-May 2021|
|2x02||Series 2||April-May 2021|
|2x03||Series 3||April-May 2021|
|2x04||Series 4||April-May 2021|
|2x05||Series 5||April-May 2021|
|2x06||Series 6||April-May 2021|
|2x07||Series 7||April-May 2021|
|2x08||Series 8||April-May 2021|
|2x09||Series 9||April-May 2021|
|2x10||Series 10||April-May 2021|
Top 10 Badass Anime Main Characters Who Are Half Human / Half Monster
- Mission: Impossible 7
- The Hitman’s Bodyguard 2
- Interrogation Season 2
- Himouto! Umaru-chan season 3
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 3 / DanMachi 3
- Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma Season 5
- Fate / Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel II. Lost Butterfly
- Appare-Ranman! Season 2
- Bem Season 2
- The Magicians Season 4