And now, 20 years after the release of the first film about the boy who survived, HBO Max presented to the world what had remained behind the scenes for so long! The behind-the-scenes life of Harry Potter is shown in all its glory. The impressions of the actors from playing on the set, relationships, scandals, inconsistencies in the work schedule – all this the main characters remember with love. After all, over the years of filming, they became one family…
“Harry Potter 20th Anniversary. Return to Hogwarts 2”: release date, announcement
A sequel to the special “Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts” has not been announced, although the unexpected success of the premiere made the creators think about the next release. There was no such excitement for a long time – matured Harry, Ron and Hermione are still loved by their fans!
On November 4, 2002, the first film adaptation of the book “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by British writer J.K. Rowling appeared in theaters. Preparation for the project took a lot of time. Rowling took an active part in all stages, especially with regard to the selection of actors. At her request, only children of English parents were allowed to the casting — no other nationalities.
10-year-old Englishmen Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint became the protagonists of the whole franchise. After the release of the film, world fame came to the writer. Millions of children wrote letters to her and Joanne tried to answer most of them. The actors also became insanely famous. But not every one of them was able to cope with the heaped burden of responsibility and stardom.
Daniel Radcliffe drank for a long time, and before filming the film 7, he underwent compulsory alcohol addiction treatment, which helped him to hold out for half the filming process. Paparazzi often caught him drunk and then sold the photographs to well-known publishers. This undermined the already unformed psyche of the young guy.
In the “Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts” special, Daniel Radcliffe talks about how he managed to pull himself together and pursue a career. Emma Watson was forced to transfer to a school that offered distance learning. One film was shot up to 10 months, so Emma did not have time to appear in a school. Like other child actors.
For many years, the “Harry Potter” team kept such secrets that only now began to emerge. Over the years of filming, Harry’s glasses have changed more than 100 times: some of them were destroyed during combat scenes. By the way, many will be surprised, but the well-known Weasley brothers will appear before the audience not with red, but with light brown hair! Nobody knew about this for so many years!
These and many other secrets became the property of the first special show. But in the opinion of the “Harry Potter” team, there are many interesting facts that could fill the second part of the project. But would HBO Max want to announce a sequel?
Actors and their roles
Everyone is playing themselves, so let’s remind readers of their place in the franchise:
- Daniel Radcliffe — the main character of the story; thanks to the protection of his mother, Harry Potter became the only person on earth to survive the death spell “Avada Kedavra”; married Ron’s sister and raised two children with her.
- Rupert Grint — played Ron, Harry’s best friend; lived in a close-knit but poor family; later married Hermione Granger, with whom they raised their children.
- Emma Watson — played the know-it-all Hermione, who argued with Ron for the first 5 years of her studies at Hogwarts, and eventually married him; very smart; notices small details that others do not pay attention to.
- Helena Bonham Carter — played Bellatrix Lestrange, Death Eater and the main character’s uncle’s killer; is the right hand of the Dark Lord; faithfully expected him in prison.
- The career of Emma Watson has developed quite well, she acts in 2-3 films every year, participates in fashion shows and is the face of Lancôme. In 2009, she was entered in the Guinness Book of Records as the highest paid actress in a whole decade. The franchise has earned her over £ 10 million.
- In 2019, Daniel Radcliffe appeared in the action comedy “Guns Akimbo”, after which famous film companies again began to invite him to their projects. In 2022, the movie “Lost City of D” will be released, in which he will star alongside Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock.
- Rupert Grint is involved in sponsoring little-known social projects. He is not particularly interested in acting, although he can sometimes be found in small roles (“Servant“, “Snatch”, “Moonwalkers”).
- When the casting for Harry Potter was announced, Rupert Grint decided to fool around and filmed a rap song on camera. In it, he said how much he wants to become a hero of the franchise and what he is ready to do for this. Rupert’s mom sent the video to the casting for the film and on August 8, 2000, the boy was officially approved for the role of Ron.
Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts 2: Release Date
|Harry Potter: Return to Hogwarts 2||not announced|