The anime “Higurashi: When They Cry” is an adaptation of the 2002 game of the same name and a remake of the first anime adaptation of the same name that aired from 2006 to 2007. Everyone finds the secret of the success of the series for himself, but the result is obvious: over the course of two decades, the number of fans of the mystical story is only growing…
Genre — mystical thriller, detective, drama.
The premiere of the 1st season-remake took place on October 1, 2020 (24 episodes).
The premiere of the season 2 — July 1, 2021 (15 episodes).
Original anime title: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
“Higurashi: When They Cry ss 3”: release date, announcement
The whole project called “Higurashi: When They Cry” has a huge number of uniqueness and mysteries that unwittingly catch the viewer. This is why anime, games, visual novels and other products are so popular. However, will there be a sequel to the 2 seasons of the anime remake?
According to some critics, we should not wait for Season 3, because this is a remake of the previous two seasons of 2006-2007. However, others are sure that the scriptwriter and director have much to develop.
At the moment there is no information about new episodes. We are monitoring the information and will update the article if there are any news.
Keiichi recently moved to a quiet and very beautiful place called Hinamizawa. Thanks to his sociable and open nature, the guy quickly made friends with other schoolchildren, among whom were mostly girls. Once in the “harem”, Keiichi remarks that his new friends are very cute creatures.
Once, a simple walk with Rena turned into a series of strange events for Keiichi. It ended up in a landfill, a place where officials once decided to build a dam. However, the workers, as well as the villagers, were categorically against, they went on strike, demanding to stop construction work. The government could not cope with human anger and stubbornness, and realized that they would not be able to buy off money. However, what happened during that period, no one should have known…
As the middle of June approached, the villagers began to prepare for the Watanagashi Festival, held annually to mark the end of winter. There is little left until the moment when Keiichi learns that for 4 years it was during this period that strange murders of people took place. As a result, the secrets of the village and the people inhabiting it will turn out to be too ominous…
- Keiichi Maebara — a cheerful and active guy, easily finds a common language with his peers; sometimes hot-tempered and distrustful, but he is always ready to help loved ones.
- Rena Ryūgū — Keiichi’s classmate; sweet and vulnerable girl; her parents divorced and for a long time she could not come to terms with it; after the divorce, she stayed with her father; takes care of Keiichi.
- Rika Furude — priestess of the Furude Shrine, is the last member of her family; dies again and again after the festival; a cutie adored by the whole village; keeps the deadly virus in an unknown way, but this only works while she is alive.
- Miyo Takano — an orphan who fell under the care of the scientist Hifumi Takano; always interested in his research and decided to continue the work of her beloved guardian; as a result, she became a nurse, directly influencing the events taking place in the village of Hinamizawa; is studying a local parasitic disease, she devoted her whole life to this business.
- Mion Sonozaki — President of the school club; lover to be late; everyone considers her a leader, because she has all the qualities for this; has a twin sister, Shion, with whom she has practically nothing in common.
- The anime takes place in the village of Hinamizawa, which is based on a real place – the village of Shirakawa in Japan, located in the north of Gifu Prefecture. The village is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Shirakawa is an amazing place, it is considered one of the snowiest places in the country, and forests occupy almost all of its area – almost 96%.
- Season 1 of the anime was originally released under the title “When They Cry” (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni), but after Episode 1, the full title of the series became known: “When They Cry: Karma” (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Gou).
Higurashi: When They Cry Season 3 Of The Remake - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|
|3x09||Series 9||not announced|
|3x10||Series 10||not announced|