From an early age, Hilde Lisko lived with her family in Brooklyn. Inspired by her father’s journalistic work, she participated in his investigations. At one point, the life of all Lisko family changed: Matthew got into a story where influential people were involved, and he was left without a job. He had to move to a new city – to the place where his youth passed, and terrible secrets remained…
“Home Before Dark ss 3”: release date, announcement
About the season 2 of the TV series “Home Before Dark” became known even before the premiere of the first one. But with the season 3, everything turned out to be more complicated. The ratings of the picture are still high, but the producers are in no hurry to announce new episodes. Will there be a season 3? As of June 2023, there is still no information. We continue to follow the news.
Having got into an unpleasant story, Matthew Lisko deprives his loved ones of their livelihood. He loses his job in a prestigious publication and has to make a difficult decision. Matthew is forced to leave for his father’s house. To the city where once everyone disliked him. His wife Bridget and their children are traveling with him. Everyone is not happy with the idea of moving, but over time, family members begin to understand that this is really necessary.
The middle child Hilde enjoys exploring the world around her, but her father’s silence about the reasons for the move haunts her. She understands that financial difficulties have occurred, but so far no one has spoken about this aloud. Along with domestic problems, the girl is being bullied at school. The habit of prying into other people’s affairs drives classmates to frenzy, and many do not want to be friends with her.
Then the older sister, Izzy, intervenes, who does not give Hilde an offense. But Hilde doesn’t care about enemies, because she found out her father’s secret: a few years ago, in front of young Matthew, his best friend was kidnapped. Instead of supporting the child who was terrified of losing a friend, the city dwellers stopped communicating with him. This interested the curious Hilde.
Bridget is also faced with the rudeness of the local population. The youngest daughter is not taken to kindergarten because of her surname, and some even ignore her attempts to start a conversation. Only the shop assistant decides to tell the woman what happened a few years ago and why Matthew is so disliked. During this time, Hilde enlists the support of a police sergeant who helps her conduct a new investigation.
Matthew still considers himself guilty of what happened, but there is nothing he can do about it. Only a few people know what really happened and maintain a good relationship with the man. Soon one of the potential sources of information for Hilde dies, and the girl mistakenly blames an outsider for her death. A friend of her father’s and the headmaster.
This leads to a conflict between her and her father. Lack of information is torture for Hilde. And Matthew decides to tell her what happened. Then the girl prints the next issue of her newspaper, because of which the persecution at school began earlier. Hilde cannot be stopped, just as the number of her readers cannot be stopped. One day she receives a call from prison – a man is ready to tell the truth about Matthew…
Actors and their roles
- Hilde Lisko – a young schoolgirl who is obsessed with journalism; made two friends at school, and the rest do not want to communicate with her, considering it a laughing stock; Hilde is a self-sufficient child, capable of not paying attention to her peers and in which case she can fight back, but Hilde will be terribly upset if the investigation reaches a dead end – Brooklynn Prince.
- Matthew – father of three daughters, husband of Bridget; as a child, he was involved in a kidnapping story, after which he became an enemy of the whole city from which he left; years later, fate forced him to return and face his fears; tries to instill in his daughter the correct view of things, but Hilde is stubborn and the girl does not give in to re-education – Jim Sturgess.
- Bridget – a mother who, at the cost of her own reputation, is ready to protect the interests of her children; supports all their hobbies, including Hilde’s craving for investigations, and if Bridget is asked to influence her daughter, she refuses, citing the girl’s self-sufficiency and her desire to find out the truth; after moving, she discovers the dark secrets of her husband – Abby Miller.
- Thembi L. Banks, whose past work is related to detectives, was hired as a screenwriter. One of the directors was Kat Candler, who appeared on the TV show “13 Reasons Why”. Kat’s work is highly regarded by both colleagues and film critics.
- Brooklynn Prince, despite her age, has already managed to star in a large number of films. For example, “The Florida Project”, “Monsters at Large”, “The Turning”. Brooklynn was also a frequent voice actor. The girl was born in 2010. Thanks to the efforts of parents who take an active part in the upbringing and promotion of their daughter, she managed to build a career as an actress and by the age of 10 earn from 100 thousand dollars per project.
- The TV show was originally titled “Magic Hour” but was later renamed “Home Before Dark”. However, “Magic Hour” fit too well in meaning to the picture, and it was decided to name the 1st episode of the 1st season that way.
Home Before Dark Season 3: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|3x01||Series 1||not announced|
|3x02||Series 2||not announced|
|3x03||Series 3||not announced|
|3x04||Series 4||not announced|
|3x05||Series 5||not announced|
|3x06||Series 6||not announced|
|3x07||Series 7||not announced|
|3x08||Series 8||not announced|
|3x09||Series 9||not announced|
|3x10||Series 10||not announced|