It is said that opposites attract. But in the case of the main characters of the anime “Horimiya”, Hori and Miyamura, things are different. They are very similar: both hid their secret from those around them, which no one should ever have found out. But it so happened that the guys were on the same side…
The genre is a romantic comedy.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on January 10, 2021.
“Horimiya ss 2”: release date, announcement
Anime “Horimiya” is the perfect combination of comedy, romance and friendship. That is why over the years the story has not lost interest and is gaining more and more new fans. However, at the moment there is no information that the director plans to launch a second season after the release of the 1st one. Perhaps this will happen later, but for now we are waiting for official statements.
Kyoko Hori is a bright girl that no guy can pass by. She seems to be born to be a star. And while her school friends see her energetic, popular, fun and happy, Hori is completely different outside of school. The girl gently guards her secret – no one should know that she is full of care for her younger brother, cleanliness and comfort in the house.
Izumi Miyamura is Hori’s classmate, he is a quiet and calm guy so much that the girl never noticed his presence in the class. Exactly until the moment when fate pushed them face to face. A chance acquaintance turned their lives upside down. It turns out that Miyamura is completely different from what his peers see him as. Quiet and inconspicuous at school, the guy turns on the street into an active and brave teenager, with tattoos and many piercings.
Now, knowing each other’s secrets, Hori and Miyamura become close friends. Spending more time together, completely new, wonderful feelings begin to arise between them…
- Kyoko Hori – a high school student with a double life, outside of school she is a home girl, full of care for her brother, at school she is a star that absolutely all girls want to be like; by nature she is smart, hardworking, caring; falls in love with Miyamura; unexpectedly for herself, a feeling of jealousy manifests itself in her.
- Izumi Miyamura – Hori’s classmate, her complete opposite; wear glasses; quiet and calm, few people notice his presence in the classroom; he is united with Hori by one thing – a double life, while he also does not want to show his other personality to school friends; has several tattoos, piercings, which he carefully hides behind long hair and clothes with long sleeves.
- The anime “Horimiya” was directed by Ishihama Masashi, who worked on such projects as “Persona 5”, “Garakowa: Restore the World”, “From the New World”, which received high marks from critics. It is safe to say that if Masashi Ishihama takes on the anime, then a high-quality, bright project awaits the viewer.
- The name of the character Izumi is translated from Japanese as “that one pure”, and Miyamura – “temple in town”. The character’s name Kyoko means “child of the capital city” and Hori means “moat”.
- The manga was originally adapted into the original animation, which aired from 2012 to 2018. The manga “Horimiya” turned out to be so popular among readers that not only animations, but also the film and TV series of the same name were created on its basis. Their premiere took place on February 5 and February 16, 2021, respectively.
Horimiya Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|
Top 10 Comedy / Romance Anime to Watch