Sports anime “How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?” makes the viewer get up from the couch and go to the gym. It was with this idea that the director Mitsue Yamazaki launched a new series based on the manga of the same name. Well, let’s do health with the main characters…
Genre – sports comedy.
The premiere of the season 1 took place on July 3, 2019.
The original name of the anime – Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?
When will the anime “How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Season 2” be released?
According to statistics, manga left millions of readers indifferent. They all looked forward to the release of the 1st episode of anime. After watching the season 1, none of the fans were left disappointed. But whether there will be a sequel to the anime “How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?” is still unknown.
If the director Mitsue Yamazaki takes up work in the near future, the new season could hit the screen in 2021.
Hibiki Sakura never thought about what she eats. She simply could not deny herself tasty food, which was very unhealthy, and consumed it in large portions. One day, after the friend’s remarks about the gained kilograms, the girl immediately rushed to the gym. There she met her classmate Akemi, who tried to persuade Hibiki to go to the gym regularly. And only acquaintance with the personal trainer of Naruzo could put all points above “i”. A handsomely inflated young guy immediately conquered the heart of young Hibiki. All is decided. Go to the gym the main character will now be constantly!
The girl is trying with all her might to train, diligently performing one exercise after another. But after the gym junk food crosses out all efforts of Hibiki. How to deal with it? Won she wants to have a beautiful slim body. New friends will help her in this matter…
- Hibiki Sakura – 17-year-old girl, a student of the Academy for Girls; once she decides to put her body in order and is recorded in the gym; Hibiki is far from sports, her body is not accustomed to exertion and regular exercise; her addiction to improper heavy food and snacks brings only harm to the body, so all the achievements made at the simulators do not make sense; after meeting with the coach, Naruzo falls in love with him – this was the motivation for daily trips to the gym.
- Akemi Soryuin – Hibiki’s classmate, student council president; the girl looks very attractive, has a athletic body, so she is popular in the Academy; the purpose of her life is a healthy body and spirit.
- Naruzo Machio – a 20-year-old boy, works in the gym, trains Akemi and Hibiki; Naruzo is a young, handsome character and a charming smile never leaves his face; by character Naruzo is kind, polite and sympathetic; while the coach is wearing his tracksuit, the guy seems thin, but all he has to do is undress and start training, as the muscles show themselves in all their glory, becoming huge and powerful; Naruzo studied abroad for some time in order to study sports science well, there he gained knowledge about the human body and proper training.
- Manga has been available since 2016 on the website of the Japanese weekly magazine Ura Sunday, published by Shogakukan. The 10th volume was released in August 2020.
- The director of the series is Mitsue Yamazaki, who worked on projects such as “Tada Never Falls in Love” (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai), “Lily Bear Storm” (Yuri Kuma Arashi), “Spinning Penguindrum” (Mawaru Penguindrum), etc.
- The anime message “How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?” simple – the plot should encourage teenagers not to sit at home, but to play sports, sign up for a gym. After all, in a healthy body – a healthy mind.
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Season 2: Release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|