After spending some time in Italy and falling in love with a charming man, Arabella travels back to London. Even before her departure, the young man admitted that he did not plan to fly out to her and in general he was indifferent to London, as well as to her. Arriving in her native land, Arabella decides to finish the book, but friends offer to spend time in a bar…
“I May Destroy You ss 2”: release date, announcement
The world premiere of the “I May Destroy You” TV show took place on June 7, 2020. At the same time, the first episode caused nothing but bewilderment among people. Only 30 seconds before the end of the episode, the audience understood what the show was about.
As a result, season 1 was watched by an incredible number of viewers, and the TV project received a huge number of awards, including it was nominated for 8 Primetime Emmy Awards! Despite this success, no season 2 has been announced. It is known for sure that the sequel will not be released in 2021. Perhaps this will happen in 2022? We are waiting for official news.
Arabella lives alone. She has many male friends and never lets anyone disrespect her. Everyone is well aware of this. But the girl’s strange style sometimes attracts attention. The pink hair of a black lady looks odd even for African Americans, but Arabella is delighted with her own style and does not care about the opinions of others.
Returning from Italy, the girl recalls that she urgently needs to finish the book and take it to the publishing house, where they have been waiting for her for a long time. After sitting at her laptop for a while, Arabella realizes that she needs to be distracted. And then her friends call and offer to spend time with a glass of tequila.
Without thinking twice, Arabella goes to the bar to her friends. At first everything goes well, she meets new people, drinks, smokes, as usual. But then everything happens in a fog. In the morning, she hardly finishes the book, not understanding what she is printing at all, and goes to the publisher to submit her work.
The publishers understand that something has happened to the girl. She behaves strangely, has blood on her forehead, and the submitted work looks more like a madman’s delirium than a real book that readers will want to read. Deciding not to shake her nerves or to herself, Arabella is sent home to come to her senses and revise her work.
On the street, the girl realizes that something is really wrong with her. Feeling as if she is recovering from hard drugs. But how could this be? Arabella dabbles in mild drugs, but she certainly remembered if she used anything heavier than marijuana. When she reaches the house and grabs the doorknob, she recalls part of yesterday evening.
There is a man standing right over her who rapes her, while Arabella herself does not say a word. Deciding that this is just a fleeting vision, Arabella tries to let go of the situation, but soon realizes that she was drugged into her alcohol and then raped. How could this happen? After all, she was in the circle of her close friends…
Actors and their roles
- Arabella – a successful young writer who is often recognized on the streets; smokes and drinks a lot, as a result, after one of the parties, she cannot remember what happened; then it turns out that unknown persons raped her, not failing to abuse her; Arabella is a dreamer, but she can get to the bottom of the truth, even if unpleasant – Michaela Coel.
- Alissa – bald-headed girl; went on a date to Kat and her husband when they offered her to have a threesome; was forced to leave soon, but later appeared at the bar, already in the company where Arabella’s friends gathered, including Kat’s husband – Ann Akin.
- Kat – for a long time asked her husband’s permission to have sex with another girl, but after meeting with Alissa, Kat decided that the idea was doomed to failure; loves her spouse, but does not believe that sexual relations should be with only two partners – Lara Rossi.
- Michaela Coel not only became the main character of the TV series, but a screenwriter. She also accepted the offer to direct the show. Her desire to change her usual dark hair color to pink was well received by the entire production team, as it helped to better characterize her character and rebellious spirit.
- Lara Rossi initially refused to play the role of Kat, as she did not like the type of her character. According to Lara, playing a woman inviting her husband to invite another girl into his bed is awful. As a result, Michaela Coel was able to convince Rossi that this is just a character, albeit not the one that Lara would like to play.
- Sam Miller was another director. His participation in the project “Daredevil” was discussed for a long time by the film crew until the last moment. Despite his bad reputation as a brawler, Sam sees the frame perfectly and can transfer it to film. Michaela Coel invited Sam to participate in the project. The girl was not afraid of his nasty character, and in the end it was not in vain.
I May Destroy You Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|
|2x10||Series 10||not announced|