Since 2002, everyone knows the saber-toothed squirrel Scrat from the computer-animated series “Ice Age”. For exactly 20 years, Scrat hunted for an acorn that he dreamed of eating. And now, this moment has come — in April 2022, under the logo of Blue Sky Studios, a series of short cartoons about the audience’s favorite was released. At the same time, the public had many questions, one of which was:
“Ice Age: Scrat Tales ss 2”: release date, announcement
Unfortunately for fans, no sequel to “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” has been announced.
In February 2021, The Walt Disney Company announced that Blue Sky Studios, which created our favorite, will be liquidated. The studio was abolished on April 10, 2021, but even before closing, it decided to say goodbye to the audience with the latest release of “Scrat Tales”.
The misadventures of a small animal began long before the events described in “Scrat Tales”. The protagonist considered the goal of his whole life to get the coveted acorn. For this, he was ready to do anything: even to climb the glacier, in which the fetus was frozen for more than 20 thousand years.
Each new cartoon “Ice Age” began with the fact that a squirrel caused real-life and global catastrophes known in the current world, and then other animals became the main characters.
For the first time, the audience met the acorn lover in the first part of the cartoon “Ice Age”, where Scrat tried to bury his “treasure”, which caused the glacier to come down. Later, he met the sloth Sid, who repeatedly stood between the acorn and Scrat, causing the fury of the squirrel.
Global warming, the change of one ruler of the planet to another — our little hero managed to see all this. In addition to a short participation in full-length films, Scrat became the main character in short films:
- “Gone Nutty”;
- “No Time for Nuts”;
- “Scrat’s Continental Crack-Up”;
- “Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas”.
To get to the desired treat, the animal had to fight, learn karate techniques and give lessons to less intelligent fellows who were ready for anything for the sake of the goal. With the help of cave paintings, educational materials were created, allowing small saber-toothed squirrels to learn the art and technique of obtaining acorns from a more experienced relative.
Announced in 2022, “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” is the final chapter in the eccentric squirrel’s adventures. Finally, the acorn that had been hunted for so long was eaten, and the story, which lasted for decades, is over. Thanks to the joint efforts of the creators of Scrat, the picture received permission to release “Scrat Tales”, which was the end of the long adventures of the squirrel and his friends…
In all computer-animated series, Scrat was voiced by Chris Wedge, who did not resign his position even when he was invited to direct on another project.
- Scrat’s name consists of 2 English words combined together: rat and squirrel. Biologically, at present, there is not a single living organism on Earth whose appearance completely coincides with Scrat – the character simultaneously resembles both a rat and a squirrel.
- The British print publication Nature contains a 2012 article in which palaeontologist Guillermo Rougier, of the University of Louisville in the United States, believes that similar animals could have lived in the rainforests of South America more than 92 million years ago — their remains were found, and at that time succumbed to the study of specialists.
- Unlike other characters that appear in the frame with Scrat, only he cannot speak. The voice acting was limited to squealing and squeaking created by Chris Wedge. By the way, Chris is the winner of the “Oscar” for the best animated film — it was the project “Bunny” (1998).
- Musical accompaniment was handled by John Powell, who has been working on creating musical masterpieces for famous animated films for many years. He created melodies for children’s cartoons “AntZ”, “Shrek”, “I Am Sam”, “Bolt” and others.
- Having become popular, Scrat was repeatedly mentioned in other famous projects, for example, in the animated series “Family Guy” (season 4, episode 22), “South Park“, “The Simpsons“. Computer games “Tragedy of squirrels”, “Crysis Warhead”, “Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back” were developed, in which Scrat was part of the plot.
- After the release of the animation project “Epic”, Skrat became the face of Blue Sky Studios, appearing on their official logo.
Ice Age: Scrat Tales Season 2 - release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|