Paul Weston has been ridding people of moral problems for decades. He is a psychotherapist by profession, and very successful at that. The TV show “In Treatment” talked about his practice and opened the veil of secrecy that told about his personal experiences. However, in season 4, he was replaced by a new doctor – Brooke Taylor, as brilliant, smart, judicious as Weston…
“In Treatment ss 5”: release date, announcement
It has been 13 years since viewers saw the final episode of Season 3 of the TV series “In Treatment”. Fans of the film were delighted and the first episode of season 4 was watched by a huge number of people. The viewer waited for each subsequent episode. But is Season 5 getting ready for release?
In February 2022, representatives of the HBO officially announced that they did not plan to renew the TV series “In Treatment” for a 5th season. The reasons for this decision were not given.
Let’s remember how it all began…
A patient named Laura comes to Paul Weston’s next appointment. She is beautiful, smart, but a mess is going on in the girl’s personal life. Her boyfriend dreams of getting married, and she is afraid of responsibility and wants to leave everything as it is. Over the past 2 years, a lot has happened between them, so Laura is not completely sure that she is next to her destiny.
During the conversation, Laura describes the last quarrel with her lover, in the impulse of which she calls her friend and goes to the bar. There she meets the first guy she comes across, and decides to sleep with him in the toilet. But as soon as another visitor enters the next booth, the girl changes her mind. Laura is embarrassed by the delicacy of the situation and she refuses a new acquaintance.
Hoping that Paul will express at least some feelings, the girl often inserts long pauses into her monologue. But the therapist is focused on storytelling. As a result, Laura has to admit that the whole year that she visits Paul, she has developed a great sympathy for him. And even here Paul does not express any feelings, only says that the relationship between the doctor and the patient is impossible.
Laura leaves, but after a while she reappears. While she was away, Weston focused on other patients. The man did not have a personal life, and neither did the desire to acquire new relationships. Paul was apathetic about his own problems, believing that everything in this life can be solved. The work left its mark on him – Paul learned to abstract even from his own problems.
Throughout his career, the man met a huge number of patients, their problems changed one after another. Someone had difficulties in relationships, someone at work – it would have been impossible for the doctor to take all this to heart. But such a life brings Paul to the point that he himself needs a psychotherapist. Deciding only to take the recipe from his colleague, he stumbles upon a dialogue. Before prescribing medications, the psychologist advises to speak out. So Weston gets his own psychotherapist, and now he understands what his charges are experiencing.
In season 4, a black woman named Brooke Taylor becomes the new heroine. She is not inferior to her predecessor in intelligence, perspicacity and subtlety of doing her business. The only thing that distinguishes psychotherapists is time. The world has changed, has become modern, but it still remains complex and unpredictable…
Actors and their roles
- Paul Weston – a successful psychotherapist who has no end of clients every day; divorced; abstracted himself from other people’s problems not only at work, but also in his personal life, which led him to general dissatisfaction with what was happening; later comes to another psychotherapist and shares his experiences – Gabriel Byrne.
- Laura – Paul’s patient; for more than a year she hid her sympathy for him, but the opportunity to have a heart-to-heart talk was simply necessary for her; she saw in the doctor the man she needed; Laura is ashamed of her actions, but tells about what happened to Dr. Weston – Melissa George.
- Brooke Taylor – an experienced psychotherapist; easily solves other people’s problems, but none of the patients suspects that she also needs support, like any person – Uzo Aduba.
- After season 3, where Paul’s career ended, viewers thought they shouldn’t wait for a sequel. The creators of the project decided in this way to surprise the audience of season 4. It is believed that HBO does not want to renew the contract with the producers of the TV show “In Treatment”.
- There are no Thursday episodes in Season 3. This day was not crossed out by chance – there was not enough material. And so that the episodes had the same duration, one day was excluded from the doctor’s schedule.
- It’s amazing how actors easily transform from one character to another. Fans of Uzo Aduba have not yet forgotten the actress as Suzanne in the “Orange is the New Black” TV series, and here the woman has turned into a brilliant, subtle psychotherapist. By the way, for the role of Suzanne, the actress received an incredible number of awards and prizes. Will she have the same success with the TV show “In Treatment”?
In Treatment Season 5: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|5x01||Series 1||the project is closed|
|5x02||Series 2||the project is closed|
|5x03||Series 3||the project is closed|
|5x04||Series 4||the project is closed|
|5x05||Series 5||the project is closed|
|5x06||Series 6||the project is closed|
|5x07||Series 7||the project is closed|
|5x08||Series 8||the project is closed|
|5x09||Series 9||the project is closed|
|5x10||Series 10||the project is closed|