Arriving at the home of his parents, Eric Fisher finds his mother in a terrible state… A woman lies on the floor, her body is covered in blood, and knives stick out of her back. A few rash decisions from Eric – and he becomes the first suspect. The mother died, but the father does not know whether to believe his own son. The series is based on real events, while it is still unknown who the killer is…
When will the sequel to “Interrogation Season 2” be released?
After the release of “True Detective”, viewers were eager to see a similar story. And the creators of the series “Interrogation” gave them such an opportunity. However, the continuation of the sensational detective show “Interrogation” will not take place. The closure of the project was officially announced in November 2020.
Over the years of his life, Eric managed to gain not the best reputation. Relations with his parents were strained, and in the end, Eric even had to move to a separate housing. Problems with psychotropic drugs and the unstable nature of the son forced the parents to step aside. Eric often asked for money, since he himself never had it.
Once Eric visited his father’s house, but the door was not opened to him. Through the window, he saw a barely living mother lying on the floor with knives stuck in her back. The first thing the son did was climb through the window and pull out the knives. Soon after, Eric called the police, and his mother was taken to the hospital. The son immediately became the first suspect for detective David Russell.
After studying the case and talking with Eric, David was able to conclude that the guy was quite capable of killing a person for the purpose of profit. Moreover, on this day a decent amount of money that her husband left her in the morning disappeared from her purse. But with the guy this money was not found, and he would hardly have managed to spend it, because the police arrived immediately.
Henry Fisher, Eric’s father, was extremely saddened by the news of the death of his wife. When he was asked to appear for interrogation, he could not even hide his relationship with his son. Henry was almost sure that the murder of his wife was the work of an ungrateful drug addict who decided to profit from the contents of his mother’s wallet.
The polygraph test, which Eric failed miserably, also did not give the guy a chance to be released. Five questions – 5 false answers, which further convinced the detective of Fisher’s guilt. So the case of the murder of a woman began to acquire a logical end. But Eric had evidence that he was not guilty.
But Eric’s evidence of innocence was dubious. The court found him guilty and sentenced him to lengthy imprisonment. For 20 years, Eric has been collecting evidence of his innocence. What does the viewer think – who will be right in this story? Does it make sense to believe the words of an addict?
Actors and roles
- Eric Fisher – suspected of killing his own mother; previously dabbled in narcotic drugs, which was one of the reasons that others believed in his involvement in the death of Mrs. Fisher; more than 20 years, he proved his innocence, but even his father took the side of people who accused Eric of a crime – Kyle Gallner.
- David Russell – one of the best police detectives; working on the Eric Fisher case; David is secretive, even with his colleagues, with whom he spends a lot of time; he speaks only at work; Russell is convinced of Eric’s guilt, but some circumstances make him doubt it – Peter Sarsgaard.
- Henry Fisher – Eric’s father; lost his wife and blames his son; very worried about what happened – David Strathairn.
- At the time of filming season 1, more than 50 people who worked on the series have changed. Firstly, the cast, and secondly, those who worked on the other side of the cameras. Even there were several directors, because the creators have their own vision of the situation.
- Kyle Gallner spent about 2 weeks before filming with an old acquaintance who had only recently undergone a rehabilitation course, since he had suffered from drug dependence for a long time. Kyle borrowed some habits of his hero from a friend who told him all the subtleties of a past life.
- Peter Sarsgaard started having health problems at the end of season 1. The creators of the project had to postpone the release date of the series twice, since Sarsgaard had to leave the filming for a long time. The leg became a problem – over 10 years ago, Peter participated in an amateur volleyball match and greatly dislocated his leg. Since then, an old injury periodically makes itself felt.
- The story that went into the plot of Season 1 is real, and the killer is still a mystery. And although there is no such thing as a statute of limitations in the American archives, no one has been doing this business for a long time.
Interrogation Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|