The TV show “Interview with the Vampire” tells the story of 100-year-old vampire Louis de Pointe du Lac, who gives an interview to his old acquaintance, journalist Daniel Molloy. They already met 30 years ago, but then youthful maximalism did not allow Molloy to finish the job. Over the years, both have grown wiser, and Louis is once again ready to tell a man about how much he went through before accepting himself in a new look…
“Interview with the Vampire ss 2”: release date, announcement
Vampire supernatural drama “Interview with the Vampire” has already been announced! The season 1 of the picture did not have time to come out, as its creators hurried with the news about the upcoming season 2. According to official data, the new episodes are scheduled to launch in the fall of 2023. Most likely, it will be October, because it was in this month of 2022 that the premiere of the TV show took place.
Recall that the picture is a remake of the film of the same name, released in 1994. After 8 years, a sequel was filmed, called “Queen of the Damned”. There’s enough material for the adaptation to last several seasons, as writer Anne Rice, who came up with “The Vampire Chronicles” novels , has sold the film rights to 13 novels.
Telling the story of his rise, the vampire begins with a life in New Orleans in 1910. After the death of his father, Louis had to single-handedly support a family of four. In those days, the guy was an ordinary person and could hardly do anything. Blacks at that time had little respect, even if Louis’s manners surpassed any whites in their grace.
Towards the end of his life, Louis’s father failed to properly use the money invested in sugar production. The guy was hardly able to save the remnants of his father’s fortune and invest them in time in another profitable business — prostitution, which was flourishing at that time. The family did not approve of his occupation, but did not refuse money.
The brother of Louis was mentally ill and often talked to himself. He could come to a brothel and tell the girls about the sins of which they would be accused by God himself. The sister was preparing for the upcoming wedding with her lover, and the mother helped her with the final preparations. And Louis suffered from the desire he felt for other men. It was unbearable.
To avoid unnecessary gossip, he often went to the brothel to the elite Miss Lily. Once again coming to her, Louis meets a charming man who does not hide his interest in him. That night, Lestat takes Miss Lily away with him, and Louis is left with nothing. Soon the guy meets Lestat again, and now they begin to understand each other better. Feelings flare up between them.
After his sister’s wedding, Louis’ brother jumps off the roof, and his heartbroken mother begins to blame Louis for what happened. He is not able to understand such cruelty to himself, so he seeks solace in the arms of Lestat, who had already shown by that time what he was capable of. Louis learns about the vampire essence of his lover, but because of the burning passion, at first he closes his eyes to everything.
Thus begins the first serious relationship that made Louis immortal. In an interview, he will talk about his misdeeds, an irrepressible thirst for blood and tell the story of the appearance of a little girl in their family. How will Louis react to the fact that his lover unceremoniously takes people’s lives? Will he ever be able to reconnect with his mother?
Actors and their roles
- Lestat de Lioncourt — met Louis and immediately fell in love with his character; kills anyone he doesn’t like indiscriminately; sometimes it can be ordinary people who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time; ready for anything to keep Louis near him; in the season 1 makes him a vampire — Sam Reid.
- Louis de Pointe du Lac — an African American despised by society; knows how to gain confidence in people with white skin, however, he is still offered only unprofitable deals with a minimum payment; falls in love with Lestat and no longer wants to hide his feelings; for a long time he provided for his family, which he left shortly after the death of his beloved brother — Jacob Anderson.
- Two weeks after the release of season 1, the TV show “Interview with the Vampire” scored more rating points than the original 1994 film. The character of Louis, whom the director wished to see black this time, liked the audience even more than his predecessor.
- In the original film, the role of Lestat went to Tom Cruise, Louis was played by Brad Pitt, and Claudia was at that time very young Kirsten Dunst. The duet turned out to be chic, because at that time all the actors were already the favorites of the public. For Kirsten Dunst, albeit very young, the picture was far from the first successful project.
- Filming for season 2 began in the summer of 2022, even before the premiere of season 1. New Orleans was chosen as the place of action in the series — on its streets the filming process took place.
- In the teaser for season 1, the creators of the TV show showed a chic mansion with coffins and posted a comment that says “Come in.” According to the scenario, only the vampire who was invited by the owner of the dwelling can enter the house.
Interview with the Vampire Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||autumn 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||autumn 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||autumn 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||autumn 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||autumn 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||autumn 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||autumn 2023|