Young swindler Anna is accused of numerous thefts. After hearing about her story, journalist Vivian decides to write an article. The further she plunges into this case, the more amazing details are revealed before her eyes. If the article fails, then Vivian’s career can be considered over. And for Anna, this is the last chance to fulfill her dream…
“Inventing Anna ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the 9-episode TV show “Inventing Anna” will not take place, since the story of the young criminal is told in the first season in full. The TV series is based on real events, the names of all the characters, except for Anna, have been changed and have their real prototypes.
Not so long ago, Vivian made a serious mistake in her career. Because of this, she was not hired by a prestigious newspaper company. Vivian had to make do with what she had—an ordinary magazine hired her after seeing the brilliant quality of the writing. Pregnancy Vivian makes her own adjustments to her work schedule — in order to correct past mistakes, she needs to hurry.
The editor gave the woman the task of writing an interesting, in his opinion, reading matter. But after hearing about Anna Delvey’s story, Vivian began to convince management to change the subject. The argument was not easy, and she had to sacrifice a lot for the opportunity to do what she loved. Vivian succeeded in taking Anna’s case, but if she does not have time to do this, then her career will go to hell.
On the first date with Anna, Vivian realizes that nothing good can be expected from the girl — she avoids inquiries, asks about fashion, refuses to speak in front of witnesses and in every possible way avoids questions regarding her origin. All Anna’s acquaintances also do not give intelligible evidence, since everyone has different opinions and data about her.
Some argue that the girl is very kind, scattered money, gave tips in hundreds of bills. Others talk about her uncleanliness when going to the toilet; someone claimed that Anna was from Russia; and someone has information about her relatives in Germany, and several more people are convinced that Anna came to London to sell an expensive painting to a gallery.
These readings seem so disjointed to Vivian that she doesn’t immediately get the point. As a result, it becomes known that her accusers are ready to agree to a settlement agreement, but with conditions. After long hesitation on the part of Delvey, Vivian offers her a deal: to refuse the proposed conditions in exchange for the wild popularity that will fall on her after the articles written by the journalist…
Actors and their roles
- Anna Delvey / Anna Sorokin — introduces herself under a different surname; taken into custody without the right to release on bail; accused of numerous thefts; acquaintances are convinced that they knew her perfectly, although she did not tell the truth to anyone; loves a rich life, which led her to London, where she presented herself as the daughter of an influential magnate — Julia Garner.
- Vivian — a pregnant journalist frantically trying to salvage her reputation before giving birth; in the middle of the investigation, she finds out the sex of the child, after which she is horrified, imagining that her career will remain ruined; Vivian is stubborn, has a journalistic flair, which prompted her to take on the case of the Russian fraudster — Anna Chlumsky.
- Todd — Anna’s successful lawyer who seeks justice for his ward; wonderful family man; often consults with his wife, marriage to which made him a member of the elite; strives for comfort, peace and quiet; likes to spend time with her daughter; was pleased with Anna’s refusal to cooperate with the accusers — Arian Moayed.
- The prototype of Vivian was a real employee of the newspaper Jessica Pressler. In 2019, the film “Hustlers” was released, which was written based on one of the journalist’s articles. Pressler has repeatedly won American competitions, her articles are considered among the most read in America.
- The filming of the TV show began back in 2019, but since the coronavirus forced the actors to stay at home for a long time, the dates had to be postponed. As a result, the TV series was released only after 3 years.
- The real Anna Sorokin was born on January 23, 1991 in the Moscow region, and then was transported by her parents to Germany, where the girl had difficulty learning a new language. Her father worked as a truck driver, transporting goods. In 2013, Anna left for New York, where she immediately made up a legend about her rich origin.
- The most popular actress from the cast is Anna Chlumsky, a five-time Emmy nominee for her role in the TV series “Veep”.
- At the age of 15, Julia Garner began taking acting classes because she couldn’t handle her shyness on her own. Later, the girl decided to audition and got into the independent film “Martha Marcy May Marlene” (2011). Thus began her career.
Inventing Anna Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||not announced|
|2x02||Series 2||not announced|
|2x03||Series 3||not announced|
|2x04||Series 4||not announced|
|2x05||Series 5||not announced|
|2x06||Series 6||not announced|
|2x07||Series 7||not announced|
|2x08||Series 8||not announced|
|2x09||Series 9||not announced|