Arriving in France in 1948 with her husband Paul, Julia had the idea to master the art of cooking gourmet French dishes. Having been trained at the best school “Le Cordon Bleu”, she, in collaboration with Simone Beck, wrote a unique book that allowed thousands of American women to begin their acquaintance with foreign culinary masterpieces. But would this story be worthy of a film adaptation if there were no big problems in it?..
“Julia ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the culinary biographical drama “Julia” was not officially announced, although HBO management was initially ready to cooperate with the creator of the project, Daniel Goldfarb, if he decided on the next season. The ratings of the season 1 turned out to be very high, and it makes no sense to stop there. It is possible that new episodes will appear in the spring of 2023, which would be quite logical, since the creation of a full-fledged season most often takes a year of work.
The amazing Julia Child began her career in America, in the war, developing an anti-poison that can make mines not explode when sharks swim by. Successful service gave her many awards, as well as a meeting with her long-awaited husband. Relationship with Paul for her was a joy. The couple have always been support for each other, even when they had to move to France.
There, Julia revealed herself from a new side, and the woman enthusiastically began to master the local cuisine. Studying at a famous culinary school, cooking courses, books, recipes — all this inspired Julia, whose life was reduced to constant breakfasts, dinners and lunches. They had no children, and over time, this became a heavy burden for a woman.
After moving to the States, Julia released a book on which she pored over with her French friend Simone Beck. She taught in her homeland at the school “Le Cercle des Gourmettes”, where Julia once studied. A circulation of 30,000 books sold out before Christmas by American housewives was the first sign that it was time for Julia to expand her knowledge.
By that time, the woman was invited to a popular show in which she made a splash. Her electric stove, frying pan, cutlery and food brought from home allowed her to cook the most delicious scrambled eggs in just 5 minutes, which she spent talking with the host. Forgetting to tell about her book, Julia had to leave — the air time was over.
Already at home, she comes up with the idea of agreeing with a TV company and launching a culinary show where she will cook foreign dishes for American women. After telling her intentions over the phone, Child is denied. But having found support in the person of the channel employee, she makes another attempt. Julia offers to take care of the costs.
The case begins to develop, but now the woman will have to face larger problems. Unfortunately, at the wrong time, Julia finds out that her body is losing reproductive functions, and she will no longer be able to have children. Trying to free herself from sad thoughts, Julia completely immerses herself in her new hobby — a popular show where she cooks for a million audience…
Actors and their roles
- Julia Child — an optimist in life; during the Second World War she worked in a laboratory, for which she has many honorary medals; was impressed by lunch at an expensive restaurant, where she tasted a French dish; published a book that was sold out in large numbers; works on a cooking show that has become her whole world — Sarah Lancashire.
- Paul — Julia’s beloved husband; calm, reasonable, authoritative man; a diplomat who constantly has to move, his wife accompanies him on every trip; was against the idea of having a TV at home until he wanted to see his beloved wife in it — David Hyde Pierce.
- P. Albert Duhamel — host of the popular show; ambiguously reacted to the guest, who decided to cook scrambled eggs in his studio; was surprised by the exquisite taste of scrambled eggs, which he ate immediately after the broadcast — Jefferson Mays.
- The lead role was originally offered to actress Joan Cusack, but in March 2020, Sarah Lancashire was announced as the face of the TV series. She is known for “Wuthering Heights”, “When Did You Last See Your Father?”, “Lark Rise to Candleford”, “Happy Valley”, “Alan Bennett’s Talking Heads”, “Oliver Twist” and “The Paradise” TV projects.
- The biography of Julia Child says that she was immediately invited to shoot several programs. But in the TV series, the scriptwriters beat everything so that they didn’t want to take her on television because of her unpresentable appearance, and then she had to buy all the dishes so that the channel’s management would allow her to appear on the screen.
- The phrase “Bon Appétit!” that Julia Child said at the end of each broadcast became iconic and is still inextricably linked to her program “The French Chef” — it began broadcasting in 1962.
- In 2009, the famous American actress Meryl Streep already played Julia in the film “Julie & Julia”. For the role, she received an Oscar nomination and won a Golden Globe.
Julia Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|
|2x01||Series 1||spring 2023|
|2x02||Series 2||spring 2023|
|2x03||Series 3||spring 2023|
|2x04||Series 4||spring 2023|
|2x05||Series 5||spring 2023|
|2x06||Series 6||spring 2023|
|2x07||Series 7||spring 2023|
|2x08||Series 8||spring 2023|