A young Scottish police worker, Karen Pirie, doesn’t bother herself too much when it comes to work, because it’s mostly just red tape. But she spends her evenings with a glass of wine and innocent flirting with a colleague. And everything would be fine if one day the lovers of crime podcasts did not pull out an unsolved crime committed more than twenty years ago. Finally, a suitable puzzle has been found for the intellectual Pirie, and she will have to try hard to figure it all out…
“Karen Pirie ss 2”: release date, announcement
The continuation of the exciting crime TV show “Karen Pirie” is expected to be released in the fall of 2023. However, this is unofficial data — the creators of the project are still keeping their plans for the season 2 under wraps.
Viewers have noticed that the detective story “Karen Pirie” is framed in the style of the popular TV series “Sherlock” starring Benedict Cumberbatch. The season 1 consists of only 3 episodes of 60 minutes each, which are watched in one go.
Everything happens on the streets of the city and the Internet is not yet so ingrained in the brains of the younger generation, as it will happen later. Karen Pirie is very young and has a lot to see in her profession. Small everyday tasks fall on her, which any policeman could handle, and in the near future this will happen…
Some homicide mystery podcasters are bringing to light a case in which cops who worked more than 20 years ago made a lot of faux pas. Resenting the hatred of the podcast listeners, the police leadership decides to shift the case to someone from the department. And that person turns out to be Karen Pirie.
She is not yet thirty years old, and many colleagues consider Pirie to be simply a child: she is petite, and looks frivolous among more experienced colleagues. But it just so happened that it was she who had to solve a whole series of murders, which in the end will lead Karen to a mysterious criminal. The main thing is to get close to the target unnoticed. The main task for the girl is to find out as many details as possible about the mysterious death of the barmaid.
In 1996, when a crime occurred on the campus of St. Andrews, the police were negligent in their work. The voice of the Bel Richmond podcast makes fun of law enforcement officers and publicly claims that the reason for everything was the prejudice of male police officers who considered it below their dignity to deal with a case where a girl who walked alone at night was to blame for everything.
It becomes clear why little Pirie takes on the task — the management wants to hide their mistakes and prove to the public that women are also capable of performing serious tasks. It just so happens that Karen really succeeds in getting on the killer’s trail. But the further she goes, the more danger she exposes herself…
Actors and their roles
- Karen Pirie — an employee of the department for the disclosure of long-committed crimes; her first case is easy at first, but she soon realizes how serious the killer’s game is; the girl is smart, well-read, but does not yet have enough experience to accurately act in conditions where she is in danger — Lauren Lyle.
- Jason Murray — colleague of Pirie, travels with her on missions; shoots well, is a good friend of the girl, most often agrees with her opinion, especially when Karen has a hunch that someone is specifically covering up traces that could lead her to the killer — Chris Jenks.
- Bel Richmond — a daring defender of women, who considers the case about the barmaid to be an oversight of men who are not able to take a serious look at the situation; leads a podcast, which became the reason for the newly raised case; trying to hold law enforcement agencies accountable for their actions — Rakhee Thakrar.
- River Wilde — Karen’s best friend, her main adviser, loyal listener and just a sympathetic person — Emer Kenny.
- According to an article dated May 15, 2021 on the Detective Method portal, the season 1 of the “Karen Pirie” TV show is based on real events that were described in the book by British writer Val McDermid.
- In 2022, Val McDermid became involved in a scandal. Agatha Christie’s heirs have threatened to sue her for using the phrase “Queen of Crime”. The outcome of the case is still unknown.
- There are already 6 novels about Karen Pirie, and all of them are not the end of the story about the young female detective. It is known that Val McDermid is still working on the Pirie series of books, but it is not yet known how far her character will go in terms of film adaptation. The season 1 was a success, and the pilot episode was watched by more than 5 million British viewers.
- The book script was adapted by Emer Kenny. Her interview was posted on the Detective Method portal, where she says that she was so imbued with working on the project that she also decided to play a role. At the same time, not any, but a close friend of Karen. And so it happened.
Karen Pirie Season 2: release date
|Number||Series title||Release date|